Time of day based IVR - SOLVED

jhunholz

I'm migrating our company's existing phone system from a hacked up old version of Asterisk over to Elastix. I'm setting up our phone menus right now with the IVR functionality, but I don't see any options for making the menu time-based. On our current system, we use the GotoIfTime function to call one menu during business hours, and another one for after hours. Is there an easy, built-in way to add that in the Elastix GUI? I know I can just put it into the -custom config file, but I'm trying to get as much as possible done in the GUI to make the system easy to administer for others. Thanks!

strongbow242

Re:Time of day based IVR

Look at the Time Groups and Time Conditions funtions. I think these will let you do what you want. I use them to send after hours callers straight to VM but the options are there to send to different IVR depending on the time.

Bob

Jhunolz,

Some of your thinking may come down to freepbx concepts, especially if you are coming from the world of pure Asterisk setups. Unless you put the time condition into the call flow it does nothing.

Almost all Freepbx modules can be used as building blocks, meaning that they can be placed before or after each other.

So you could have a time condition before your Normal Hours and After Hours IVR's selecting which IVR it goes to based on time. Or you can have a time condition after someone selects an IVR option, or you can have both, and further down the flow, you can have another that does a similar operation, and selects whether it send it to a receptionist or to voicemail....

You need to create a TimeGroup/Condition before it will appear as an option under other components (e.g. Inbound routes, or any other module).

Just in case you are wondering, why there is a TimeGroup and a TimeCondition?? This is because when it was the one module, it was very monotonous entering in the same time group for every time condition, especially if you used the timecondition in various parts of your call flow. In many cases, for most companies, they have a standard opening and closing time, so it meant you entered it once and all you are doing then is making the separate time condition which will be different based on what part of the call flow it is in.

Hope this helps

Bob

jhunholz

Thanks for your replies. That's exactly what I was looking for!

Bob

Glad that you got what you needed.

Regards

Bob

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member