Time conditions not working.

Discussion in 'General' started by rslrdx, Jan 27, 2009.

1. rslrdx

Hi, and TIA.

I've setup two basic time conditions, one for lunch time and another for the off business hours, but its not working at all.

Anyone got any pointers to give? Not sure where to go from here, the setup seemed so simple I must have overlooked something.

Once again,
    Thanks.

2. dicko

Not really enough information here.

You say you set up the time conditions, but did you also set up the inbound routing to go to those time conditions?

3. Chilling_Silence

He's right, first you need to set your inbound route to go to the "Business hours" conditions, which checks to make sure its within your standard operating hours. IF it is, then have it go to your Lunchtime condition. If not, go to Voicemail.

Hope this helps :)

Chill.

4. rslrdx

Hi,

I did make that mistake, oops... but its corrected now, but i did use more conditions and perhaps you can tell me if it seems correct or if I've made another mistake.

Made 4 basic time conditions, and I have to use 2 different Voicemail boxes, one for lunch time another for off hours. So I have, morning, lunch, afternoon, off hours.

Morning, 8:00 till 12:00, if matches, goes to the phones, if doenst goes to "lunch" (mon-fri)
    Lunch, 12:00 till 13:00, if matches, goes to voicemail 1, if doesnt, goes to "afternoon" (mon-fri)
    Afternoon, 13:00 till 18:00, if matches goes to phones, if doesnt, goes to "off hours" (mon-fri)
    Off hours, 18:00, till 8:00, if matches goes to voicemail 2, if doesnt, goes to voicemail 2 (fri-mon)

Does this seem correct?

TIA,
    Rodrigo

5. dicko

I think the logic is designed to include/exclude not linearly but by exception

an example with just 2 time conditions:

time condition1:- work hours

9:00-17:00:- ring in
    outside theses times:- go to voicemail1

time condition2:- lunch time:

12:00-13:00:- go to voicemail1
    outside these times:- go to working hours

thus in a 24 hour period everything outside 9-17 goes to vm1
    between 9am and 5pm calls ring in, EXCEPT between 12noon an 1 pm when they go to vm1

I think you might have troubles with a your "Off Hours" time condition as it starts after it finishes.

6. rslrdx

I think I understood how the time conditions should work then, if have any trouble I might change to what you just posted, but just to make sure, in the inbound route i would set it to go to the working hours time condition, and the lunch hour time condition would just kick in?

Thanks,
    Rodrigo

7. dicko

Trying to follow your logic, where are you are currently sending the incoming calls to Morning or Off Hours?

QUOTE:-
    Morning, 8:00 till 12:00, if matches, goes to the phones, if doenst goes to "lunch" (mon-fri)
    Lunch, 12:00 till 13:00, if matches, goes to voicemail 1, if doesnt, goes to "afternoon" (mon-fri)
    Afternoon, 13:00 till 18:00, if matches goes to phones, if doesnt, goes to "off hours" (mon-fri)
    Off hours, 18:00, till 8:00, if matches goes to voicemail 2, if doesnt, goes to voicemail 2 (fri-mon)

My question to you is what where would a call go that arrived at 0759 on a weeday end up, or for that matter a call at 18:01 on a weekday?
    and is your off-hours condition designed to only work at weekends ?

I've never tried a time condition like your "Off hours" as it is seems illogical. I believe that time conditions only look at the time of day and are not aware of the day of year so they will not span 23:59:59+1 second properly, similarly fri comes after mon.

I might be wrong, I often am.

8. rslrdx

They all go to the morning time condition, to the call that comes in a 0759 will go to through all the way to the end of the time condition chain that i've setup, which will be a voicemail.

I've set it up as a chain, but honestly, i like your logic better, alot less work, settign up another server with it to see how it goes.

Does it make sense?

9. dicko

it doesn;t make sense to me, the end of the chain is "Off Hours" which seems to go to voicemail2 when it matches but when it doesn't match it goes to voicemail2 instead (these are of course the same place and it is therefor a synonym for voicemail2 and therefor it is extraneous) so logically the inverse of not going to voicemail2 is anything that is matched otherwise, hence your need for voicemail1 at lunchtime. You could send it to "Off Hours", but this convoluted and recursive logic will mess with your head later when you revisit the situation, take the plunge and configure timeconditions and groups the way it was designed and stop worrying about it.

10. rslrdx

Well, I can see how this is more complex than what you described, but its working, and the original problem was that I thought it would I only had to setup the time condition and not route the calls to them.

But I still have one questions about your time condition sample,

business hours 8:00 to 18:00, if matches goes to the phones, if doesn't, goes to voice mail1
    Lunch time 12:00 to 13:00, if matches goes to voicemail2, if doesn't, goes to business hours.

But how does it use for the lunch time condition when I routed inbound routes to go to the business hours time condition. If its designed to work on the include exclude base, why should we have to select the inbound route in the first place?

It just seems to me that the simple existence of the time condition wouldn't do any good, as that was the original problem I had, they existed, but nothing was pointing to them.

Thanks.

11. dicko

You send the calls to the innermost condition (lunchtime), many deployments choose to use a day/night routing for lunch breaks etc., as it is more flexible and in reality there is usually some one there to turn it on /off during working hours.