this might be a really stupid question but...

Discussion in 'General' started by scristopher, Jul 30, 2009.

1. scristopher

i just moved over from trixbox to elastix, im wondering one thing. where is the endpoint manager? i have cisco 7960 phones wondering how to set them up properly w/o finding it.

i guess i am wondering where this phone provisioner is that is mentioned in the features section of this website:

Phone provisioner, configurable via a Web Interface. Allows configuration of a large number of IP phones in a short time for supported phones.---

also i cannot use this endpoint configuration tool, i have my pbx colocated at the isp (work) and 7960's going straight into cable modems at home, have multiple cable modems hooked up to switches multiple static ip's looking for a fix for this i just want to make my 7960's work they way they did when i was on trixbox!!! :(

....--edit
    actually im starting not to even care about the endpoint manager, with all of the features im starting to find in elastix (built in fax, lots of integrated options) im liking it more than trixbox already.:laugh: I'm not use to configuring the 7960's by hand but im sure its not that hard im trying to locate some information via google not finding much for elastix examples for 7960 setup, (anyone got a link?) im wondering if its just like manual setup for other pbx systems? if anyone could share some info i would be very greatfull:)

------got a cisco ata 186 working no 7960 as of yet

2. rafael

scristopher, welcome to the Elastix community :D. Hope to see you here more often.

Did you manage to make it work with or without endpoint manager? I am not sure if that model of Cisco phone would work with Elastix endpoint manager. It might.

Regards,

Rafael

3. Patrick_elx

danarf has improved the module for the cisco.
    You can find some info in this forum.

I think his file could be downloaded at
    http://asterisk.agmp.org/uploads/EPC.zip

I'm using it on my system and I have no problem to configure 7940/7960

you will have to fine tune manually the default file primer to adapt to your system however (telnet password, timezone, etc...), but after that, each phone cnf file will be created by a click on the endpoint configuration page.

4. scristopher

thank you, sorry for the late relpy. i took the weekend off from all things that had to do with telephone and went to the sticks for the weekend! ill give this a try.

5. scristopher

thank you for the help on this,

Ive been able to install the endpoint manager referenced in this thread: http://www.elastix.org/index.php?option ... 1&catid=18
    seems to work very well, not sure if my phones are working yet but i can now see that they are attempting to connect and i can manually add phones by mac address, i am at work and cannot power cycle them from here. -i tried the manager as suggested in link but it seemed to work the same as the one included, no way to manually add a phone, as my pbx is not on my lan or located anywhere and near my phones (colocated) this does not help because i cannot scan outside of network.

one thing i cannot get past is I installed the script for avantfax provided by ramoncio in this thread:
    http://www.elastix.org/index.php?option ... tstart=120

i used the 3.1.5 install script where he directly says the bug with tesseract was addressed, i tried the 3.1.6 script and tried to change language and got blank page so i went back to the 3.1.5 which does work.
    the issue i have with it is i cant log in, ive tried using admin/password admin/passw0rd etc but it wont take the password, not sure if i am missing a step here or not, or if anyone else has had this issue.
    any ideas?

thank you!

--acutally when putting in admin/password i get Your account has been disabled. Please contact the administrator.
    ????

6. scristopher

fixed that issue, seems as though permissions were not correctly set as at first i used yum to install then tried the script, not sure what i was thinking. completly removed all packages and reinstalled script and worked perfect