There should be a wiki page to list known issues

Discussion in 'General' started by jandir, Feb 26, 2009.

1. jandir

Aug 24, 2008
    There are several posts in the forums regularly regarding known bugs or issues in the Elastix distributions. These people then (sometimes unfairly) get bashed around for not searching hard enough for these issues in the forums.

There needs to be a wiki page that lists the various issues with the Elastix distributions like:

[*]Known FOP issues (blinking , etc)
    [*]Asterisk CDR bug (double entries for each call)
    [*]Asterisk Zaptel issues (Cannot make outgoing call without incoming call first)
    [*]Upgrading to FreePBX 2.5 issues

This wiki then should have links to forum threads that discuss resolving those issues.

Also, all the forums should have a sticky thread that points to this wiki page.

I suggest the moderators should update and maintain this page. All it needs to have is a description of the issue and a link to a forum that discusses/resolves it, along with the release numbers of the affected Elastix versions.

Thank you
  2. Chilling_Silence

Sep 23, 2008
    Thats actually quite a good idea I think! :)
  3. rafael

May 14, 2007

Great idea! The only thing that I do not agree with you is that moderators are the only ones that should do this. The wiki can be edit by anyone so anyone can report the known issues.

I created a quick template that could serve as a reference of what you want to do. Please if you thinks the page should be different, please do it.

Thanks again for your great idea :)

Best Regards,