That is not a valid conference

Discussion in 'General' started by gcebac, May 5, 2009.

1. gcebac

Having a problem with Elastix, where I have tried to set up a conference, following the instructions in the "Elastix without tears" book. I always get the message "That is not a valid conference number, please try again". I have searched, and found a bug reported with similar symtoms:-
    http://bugs.elastix.org/bug_view_advanc ... ?bug_id=18
    I believe the bug was fixed in release 1.5 RC3.

My situation is different in that it appears that I do not have dahdi_dummy loaded for some reason.

# lsmod | grep dahdi
    [root@elastix rules.d]#

I am a bit of a newbie, and am unsure if I am actually using zaptel of dahdi. However I also see that I do not have any special files in my /dev/zap directory.

/var/log/asterisk/full reports:-

[May 5 15:18:14] VERBOSE[5502] logger.c: == Parsing '/etc/asterisk/meetme.conf': [May 5 15:18:14] VERBOSE[5502] logger.c: Found
    [May 5 15:18:14] VERBOSE[5502] logger.c: == Parsing '/etc/asterisk/meetme_additional.conf': [May 5 15:18:14] VERBOSE[5502] logger.c: Found
    [May 5 15:18:14] WARNING[5502] app_meetme.c: Unable to open pseudo device

My elastix version is Elastix 1.5.2-2.

My asterisk info tab shows the following about dahdi.
    Chan Extension Context Language MOH Interpret
    pseudo default default

Any help would be much appreciated.

many thanks

graham

2. dicko

Yes you need a timing source for conferences, this was traditionally supplied by the zapteldummy driver in the absence of any zap hardware and now with the dahdi_dummy, you will need to get that working first. Elastix uses zaptel in 1.3 dahdi in 1.5

3. gcebac

Any pointers on how I can go about this would be appreciated. Do I need to download and compile some source, or is it just a matter of some elastix config ? I notice that I have dahdi.rules in the udev rules area, but I seem to have no /dev/dahdi created.
    Totally lost I am afraid !

Graham

4. dicko

check if dadhdi is loaded with (from bash as root):-

/etc/init.d/dahdi status

if it is not loaded there will be no output(likely as of now) if so:-

/etc/init.d/dahdi start

should give you a clue.

you are looking for:-

No hardware timing source found in /proc/dahdi, loading dahdi_dummy
    Running dahdi_cfg: [ OK ]

you will also have the /proc/dahdi structure built for you with that result in ../1
    If dahdi doesn't start, then the output should tell you why it didn't.

(you need to stop asterisk "amportal stop" before all this, when dahdi is loaded start it again with "amportal start" )