Text-to-Speech

strongbow242

Is anyone out there using the Text-to-Speech FreePBX module? I was using my own recordings for my announcements. The Text-to-Speech module with use Tsxt2wav or swift to replace those announcements. Its not perfect but it is more flexible than prerecorded announcements. It works just like an announcement in that it is a destination and can then go to a new destination.

The only problem is that FreePBX reports that Text-to-Speech destinations are Bad Destinations. They WORK just fine. Has anyone run across this/fixed it?

Not a big deal since it all works as advertised, just would like to clean up the loose ends.

mbit

I havent seen this freePBX module but in the new Elastix 2.0 there is a new text to speech module which will help people create messages.

Phils

elastix 1.6-12
I am brand new to elastix and trying to use the Text to Wav tool to create recordings. When I click on the "Download File wav" link, Windows Media Player opens and gives me a message stating "Windows Media Player encountered an error when connecting to the server. The security information from the server could not be validated."

It is probably worth noting my install came from a vendor's CD and everytime I browse into the set up I get a certificate error warning stating the certificate doesn't match or has expired. When checking the certificate information, it shows localhost:localdomain. Is it necessary or best practice to create a certificate and register it with a CS?

I added the elastix server to my trusted sites in IE8 without any change. I also added an exception to the certificate error but it still would not play in IE with Windows Media Player. I tried using FireFox, applied the certificate exception and it played. However, it did not give me the option so save it anywhere for importing into the system.

Apparently the recording is already saved on the server as Firefox on another computer was able to play the message already generated and showed it was saved to https: //10.0.0.66/var/tts.wav (it is only on the LAN at this point for configuration). I just cannot find where to grab it and apply it under System Recordings or anywhere else in the GUI.

Is anyone familiar with this application and how to use it properly?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
omarmenichetti