TE120P Card Giving Blue Alarm

Discussion in 'General' started by kileak, Nov 18, 2008.

1. kileak

Hi All,

I had a very weird problem, I have 2 servers here running on Elastix. One of them was working fine if only i plugged in a Parlay i30i which is my provider's dialer. But the other server which is using the same settings (zaptel.conf&zapata.conf) is having problem call drop and when i checked the zztool, i get the Blue Alarm/Recovering message.Anyone encounter this before?

2. kileak

Now I have changed the settings in the Zaptel to as per below and it will give me no alarms but then the call will drop right after 20 seconds.Any clue?

# Autogenerated by /usr/sbin/genzaptelconf -- do not hand edit
    # Zaptel Configuration File
    #
    # This file is parsed by the Zaptel Configurator, ztcfg
    #

# It must be in the module loading order

# Span 1: WCT1/0 "Wildcard TE120P Card 0" (MASTER)
    span=1,1,0,ccs,hdb3
    # termtype: te
    bchan=1-15,17-31
    dchan=16

# Global data

loadzone = us
    defaultzone = us

3. Bob

Bob

I have had two occasions where I have seen the Blue Alarm that you mention

1) Motherboard/TE120 compatibility issue.
    2) CRC4 setting missing when required At the end of yor SPAN line e.g. span=1,1,0,ccs,hdb3,crc4

Your issue is most likely going to be a misconfiguration between your Parlay I30i and the TE120p. You need to be sure of what your Parlay device requires, and it is not worth trying to guess.

Issues that can occur are:

1) Incorrectly wired cable - unlikely but possible
    2) CRC4 is required
    3) Timing is provided by the Parlay I30i or not provided by the Parlay I30i, which means makng changes the SPAN line again 1,0,0......

Also under the CLI, try a PRI Show Debug Span 1. This might provide more information on what is actually occurring and give a better clue.

Taking a wild guess, your D Channel is bouncing (dropping), possibly due to a timing misconfiguration, so recheck your configs on the non working box.

But if you have one server working and another not, then it is very possible, if they are different machines, that you have a problem with a Motherboard Compatibility issue. Quite often this can be confirmed under Zttool, look at IRQ Misses. If it climbs while sitting idle or climbs when you make calls, then it is the most likely cause. If it is a machine with SATA Drives, then in the BIOS change the SATA settings to Enhanced, instead of AUTO.

Hope this helps....

Regards

Bob

4. kileak

Bob,

You have been a great help.Thanks a lot.

Thanks and Regards,

Francis aka Kileak