System -> User Management / User privilages

Discussion in 'General' started by torontob, Feb 23, 2009.

1. torontob

Good Afternoon,

We use monitoring for all calls inbound and outbound; so, all call are recorded. The admin account has the privilage to see all monitoring calls since there is no extension associated to it. However, when I try to create a new user account with limited abilities, I no longer have access to all of calls recorded in every single extensino. I think it's because the system forces an extension to any user that is added. How can I overcome this problem without giving the full control to the user?

Thanks

2. torontob

Anything on this guys? Does it mean there is no way to give monitoring access to a user and not allow him/her to see other stuff?

3. torontob

4. ramoncio

Sorry, I can't help you with this.

5. torontob

:) Thanks. At least you responded. Now let's forget about having one extension that can monitor all other extensions. I have a new problem:

I have made user account for every single extension and allowed them to see Reports and Monitoring section. If I go into monitoring for a specific extension, I can see that within a 10 day period there is 1500 calls for example. But for the day I can only see 3-5 calls listed. So, I press Next, Previous or End to see other days and all I see is 2 or 3 calls per day and sometimes no calls. Yet, the list says that the page should display msgs "41-61 out of 1500". So, I am missing 100s of msgs. I am assuming they are recoded but there is a display problem that I can't see them.

Any clue about this? or maybe Dicko or one of the other moderators can comment?

Thanks

6. jgutierrez

Hi there, try the following:
    1. go to /var/www/html/libs/
    2. backup paloSantoCDR.class.php
    3. edit paloSantoCDR.class.php and find the following section:
    Code:
    if(!empty($calltype) && $calltype=="incoming") $strWhere .= " AND channel like '%zap%' ";
    if(!empty($extension)) $strWhere .= " AND (src='$extension' OR dst='$extension') ";

4. edit that section, and leave it like this:
    Code:
    if(!empty($calltype) && $calltype=="incoming") $strWhere .= " AND channel like '%zap%' ";
    if(!empty($extension) && $extension!="503")
       $strWhere .= " AND (src='$extension' OR dst='$extension') ";

in this case, I´m letting my extension (503) to get the all the CDR records and not just mines

7. torontob

Amazing! This is exactly what I needed. I will try this with a test system and repot back.

How about my other problem though? Any clue? When I log in with a specific extension associated to a speific user which has access to Reports, Monitoring and Voicemail, the user can only pull up a few recorded calls for the day. Here is an example:

Date Time Source Destination Duration Type Message
    2009-03-04 13:21:47 - 338 00:11:36 always Listen Download
    2009-03-04 12:47:03 2025808200 338 00:00:24 always Listen Download
    Start Previous (1 - 15 of 55) Next End

As you can see, it says 1 - 15 of 55 but displays only 2 recorded calls. If I press Next or End other pages still yeild the same result.

Thanks

8. ramoncio

I haven't heard of the other problem.
    Do you get the call reports ok? I mean, this problem is just with the monitorings?

Have you tried the unembedded freePBX reports?
    Do you have the same problem there?

9. ramoncio

jgutierrez, very nice solution.
    It is good to see people from Palosanto support give us some hands.

Muchas gracias!

10. torontob

Reports are just fine. Also, unembeded FreePBX doesn't help because it doesn't list recorded calls. Recorded calls are only in Monitoring section. I have many times tried to upload a simple picture to this forum but it doesn't allow; I was going to upload a pic of what I get. Here is a snapshot URL:

http://elastrix.googlepages.com/snapShot.jpg/snapShot-full;init:.jpg

I have to mention that we record a lot of calls. That is 10 agents contineously being recorded.

Any other suggestions? or any files I can check in? Where is the file that has the config to pull up the recorded calls?

Thanks

11. torontob

Can anyone tell me where the number of msgs to displayed at one time is set in the html files? I will dig in from there to find the problem. This is extremely important to get right for the system. I am assuming no one here recorded all calls hence the bug has not been recognized. I am surprised that there is no section of the forum associated to bugs.

Regards

12. torontob

Wondering if someone can point me to the config file where the number of recorded msg to be displayed at any given time is set and I will dig it from there on. I beleive this is a bug in the html code and not recognized yet because no one records so much. I am surprised that we don't have a section of the forum dedicated to bugs.

Any feedback is much appreciated as this is extremely important for me to get right.

Regards,

13. jgutierrez

hi,
    I have asked the development team, and yes, it is a bug, there is problem with the paging, it is not working correctly when you try to check the recordings for your user extension (when you login with an user that not belongs to the Administrator group, just like you have done), by the way, it is showing all the available recordings, but the paging is wrong, I will post tonight or tomorrow morning the issue on our bug tracker, or if you like you may post it.

And for answering your other question, we do have a bug tracker:
    http://bugs.elastix.org
    The link is found on the main page http://www.elastix.org at the left side

All recordings are located at: /var/spool/asterisk/monitor/

14. torontob

Thanks for the great feedback again. Indeed you are right it does work with Administrator access assigned to the extension. I guess I have to allow users to wreck the system until this bug is solved. I really dont' want to allow them to touch the guts of the system but I have to as they need to download their recorded calls for the next few days. I have opened a bug for it already listed here:

http://bugs.elastix.org/view.php?id=16

Wondering if priority can be bumped on it (currently normal) as it will force admin to accept security risk.

I am wondering if this is a mod_autoindex problem?

Thanks again for saving me the time jgutierrez; At least I don't bang my head against the wall for this anymore.

15. torontob

I went further ahead and added every single option on the Group Permission to Group Extensions to see if that makes any differnce but no difference. Therefore, picking any group other than Administrator has a problem with displaying recorded calls; even picking group Extensions or Operators won't help. Seems like Administrator uses a wholly different set of pages for displaying recorded calls than other groups. Sounds like an easy job to replace files but what do I know :)

16. jgutierrez

Sure, no problem, we are here to help

17. torontob

Argggggggggggggg ! This is really frustrating. Now I prepared myself to allow these users to have Administration access but made them promise me not to change anything. But, the problem is that if I assign Administrator privilage to an account every single call report and call record gets mixed. Monitoring is no longer specific to one extension. Everyone can listen to everyone else's call and see others calls. So, there is absolutely no way to assign monitoring and call reports to a specific user. This user management now seems to be totally useless. Might as well just have an Admin account. Can anyone offer any suggestions please?

jgutierrez: can you please suggest something that is just the opposit of making a global extension which displays all other extensions call records? Basically an extension that only displays it's own call monitors. I don't mind to assign it Administrator privilage.

Am I back to square one now? Argggggggggggggggg!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The only reason I am going about doing this is to organize call reports and monitoring for each user and that's all. Forget the security, forget the privilages just organize the darn thing to display all reports that is easily readable. This is important when you record every single call and there are 1000s of calls everyday.

Thanks

18. ElasMex

Hello torontob

I recommend doing this at the base and with this resolve your problem.

19. torontob

Hello ElasMex,

Please explain what you mean by the "base". I am not sure what you are refering to.

Thanks

20. torontob

Seems like bugs.elastix.org is slow like a bug :) nothing moves in the bugs forum; wondering if it's a one man operation.