System keeps crashinging

Discussion in 'General' started by pti2000, Aug 25, 2009.

1. pti2000

Am having some problem with asterisk shouting down, my disk keeps getting full and so far I have been reinstall Elastix, I had a tech check my system and he deleted some log that temperately fixed the problem but now am back to the same problem, Here is the info on my system. Am runningg Elastix 1.5.2-3 I have 35 extension and 8 off them are single line sets connected on a grangstream 4024,In system info under hard drives Its showing my usage at 78% and in freepbx system status under disks its showing 73% . does anyone know what is causing this and how to stop and prevent this from happening. I could really use some help on this.

2. dicko

I believe:

tail -100 /var/log/asterisk/full

will reveal your problem.

3. pti2000

Thanks that help, Now when I look in var/log/asterisk I see full, full 1, full 2 , full 3, full 4, and full 5, I deleted all the file that says full, is that all I need to do? and how do I stop this from happening again? there is also a queue_log should I delete that too?

4. dicko

delete only the files full.*

You deleted the big files but also stopped the logger itself.

full, is the current log file if you deleted that you will need to issue

rasterisk -x 'logger rotate' to regenerate it, or no log file will be generated.

THEN read what is the output of

tail -f /var/log/asterisk/full

You need to identify and correct the cause of the growth if the log entries indicate a problem.

(don't worry about the queue log right now.)