Symlink from modules failed

Discussion in 'General' started by gtcnet, Aug 15, 2008.

1. gtcnet

Just installed the latest stable build (1.1-8) and have this message in free PBX warining:

retrieve_conf failed to sym link:
    /etc/asterisk/features.conf
    This can result in FATAL failures to your PBX
    Added 6 minutes ago
    (retrieve_conf.SYMLINK)

also tried to update the freePBX and also did a yum update, no change. Is this error normal for a Stable release?

2. mrmaggoo

3. wiseoldowl

Well, actually, the advice there is close, but it doesn't help in this case. The poster there tells you to do this:

Which is fine, except that none of those are the file that FreePBX is complaining about in this case. The principle is the same, but what you really have to do is:

mv /etc/asterisk/features.conf /etc/asterisk/features.conf.old
    /var/lib/asterisk/bin/retrieve_conf

When I did that, I got three error messages:

[ERROR] Error code 0: trying to create empty file /etc/asterisk/features_general_custom.conf
    [ERROR] Error code 0: trying to create empty file /etc/asterisk/features_applicationmap_custom.conf
    [ERROR] Error code 0: trying to create empty file /etc/asterisk/features_featuremap_custom.conf

BUT it created the empty (and probably totally unnecessary) files, and FreePBX didn't give any more ominous warning messages.

However, one thing I did notice, when running /var/lib/asterisk/bin/retrieve_conf, was this message in the output:
    Use of uninitialized value in string eq at /var/lib/asterisk/bin/retrieve_op_conf_from_mysql.pl line 415.

Line 415 of that file looks like this:

Code:
    if ($parken eq "s") {
    I'm no perl expert by any means, but I do know that in this line "eq" isn't a string, it's a conditional operator. It's used in the same manner in several of the lines just preceding this line (with no apparent complaints) so I have no idea what's being complained about here - however, this appears to be a section of code that deals with the setup of parking lots, so if parking lots aren't working properly, this just may be the issue.

4. Bob

Bob

WiseOldOwl

Performed the same commands

mv /etc/asterisk/features.conf /etc/asterisk/features.conf.old
    /var/lib/asterisk/bin/retrieve_conf

Did not get the same errors regarding empty files, but the process worked. The feature.conf file needs to symlink similar to the Sip.conf, iax.conf etc.

This basically worked correctly for me and removed the Symlink issue. (BUG NOTE for Elastix ISO???)

I did however get the same error message as yourself on line 415 and confirm that it is to do with parked calls. The line itself looks good (syntax), but may be complaining about the S variable being not initialised. This could be the result of a programming error or the result of something else failing in the code that has resulted in the non-initialisation of the variable. I will take a closer look on the weekend.... The error on line 415 appears to have nothing to do with the re-linking of the features.conf and is a possibly separate issue...

Anybody reading this however, please be aware I have not tested (in a real world), but some basic tests run ok.

Regards

Bob

5. JorSlz

I am getting this too.

Ignore this
    retrieve_conf failed to sym link:
    /etc/asterisk/features.conf
    This can result in FATAL failures to your PBX
    Added 23 hours, 20 minutes ago
    (retrieve_conf.SYMLINK)

6. saleh