Superfecta and Linksys SPA3102

Discussion in 'General' started by harryhirsch, Mar 3, 2010.

1. harryhirsch

Hi,

I am using a SPA3102 (FXO port) as Trunk in FreePBX.
    Its works quit good.
    But when there is an incoming call without CID name, the SPA3102 sends to FreePBX his configured "Display Name:" instead of nothing.
    So the result is that it sends :
    "1-pstn" thats the "Display Name:" value in the SPA3102
    "0123456789" thats the CLID of the caller.

I tried to delete the "Display Name:" but then it sends :
    "(N/A)"
    "0123456789"

So for incoming PSTN calls Superfecta do not work.

IMO, when there is an incoming call and something like "(N/A)" was set as CID name,
    then Superfecta do not do a lookup, because it consider it as real CID name, right.

How can I get workaround ?
    Will it help when I set a number as "Display Name:" ?
    Or,is there a possibility to configure a "Keyword" which would be ignored by Superfecta ?
    Means, when this word will be shown as CID name, Superfecta should ignore or strip it and search the CID name in the Databases.

Thanks

Harry

BTW Incoming SIP calls works great with Superfecta.

2. Patrick_elx

I think Superfecta is always looking for your lookup sources even if a CID name already exists.
    The only way to keep the provided CID name is to use the 'Trunk Provided' source that will keep that name as a valid cid except for the keywords that you enter in it.

Could you check exactly what's happening in the log or CLI to see if the CID number is properly provided in the proper field. Some ATA and providers are sending the CID number in the wrong sip header and you need either to change a setting in the box or to create a custom context for this trunk to copy the correct information in the correct variable.

3. harryhirsch

Hi Patrick,

Nice to here from you, again :)

Your (always) right, I did not thought about the "Trunk Provided" source which can probably do the job. So I entered "SPA3102", which is the current "Display Name:" of my SPA3102, in "Trunk Provided" source as keyword which should be ignored.

Now I must wait for some calls on my PSTN line to see if it works ...

I will let you know about the result in some days.

Bye and Thanks !

Harry

4. Patrick_elx

but still if your lookups did not find any valid name for the cid presented, superfecta will not change your initial cid and it will still be spa3102.

To remove completely the cid send your spa trunk to a custom context to remove the CID name or we can maybe create a lookup source to change the cid name for a specific name.