Suggestions / Advice needed (Large deployment)

sirbones

Hi All

Going to try to keep this short

10+ locations,
Want to centralize Registration and voice mail, recording abilities
Want to offload voicemail and recording to dedicated system
Will need scalability possibly active / active in centralized setup
Consideration for scalable growth to 2500 remote extensions

Here is the big challange
If the internet connection goes down to the remote site, how can that site call 911 or local numbers. I am thinking a gateway but I am not sure what one would be best for this.

Take in consideration that the gateway size could be up to 24 internal extensions and will need multiple Pots lines for failover possibly.

Any suggestions or feedback on how to accomplish these tasks would be great.

I am trying to get a quick grasp on this setup. I understand most of it, but see alot of risks to centralizing all calls to one location where no PSTN failover exists to the individual location for 911, hence my major concern.

I am looking at RedFone for T1 Redundancy and HA I assume will work on elastix for active / passive, but what hardware would I even consider for that amount of remote extensions or is there a way to load balance registrations etc and then have everything communicate

Cheers

sirbones

Hey all

Can anyone direct me on a few minor things
- how to deal with multiple registration servers which are active
- Offloading voice mail to dedicated system
- a gateway which can redirect 911 out of PSTN but all VOIP goes to centralized VOIP systems.

Thanks

James

mattrh

sirbones said:
Hi All

Going to try to keep this short

10+ locations,
Want to centralize Registration and voice mail, recording abilities
Want to offload voicemail and recording to dedicated system
Will need scalability possibly active / active in centralized setup
Consideration for scalable growth to 2500 remote extensions

Here is the big challange
If the internet connection goes down to the remote site, how can that site call 911 or local numbers. I am thinking a gateway but I am not sure what one would be best for this.

Take in consideration that the gateway size could be up to 24 internal extensions and will need multiple Pots lines for failover possibly.

Any suggestions or feedback on how to accomplish these tasks would be great.

I am trying to get a quick grasp on this setup. I understand most of it, but see alot of risks to centralizing all calls to one location where no PSTN failover exists to the individual location for 911, hence my major concern.

I am looking at RedFone for T1 Redundancy and HA I assume will work on elastix for active / passive, but what hardware would I even consider for that amount of remote extensions or is there a way to load balance registrations etc and then have everything communicate

Cheers
one major thing that you are missing it that if you are running any type of digital telephone system you will be using E911. so that means no matter what phone you call from the 911 service will only register 1 address. i wouldn't be concerned if the system goes down in one location because, if there is an emergency people have cell phones and can call 911 from there. plus the benefit of calling 911 from a cell is that it does real time location tracking. just some food for thought.

i would say find a good data center near the main hub, get a large pipe (100mb+) and have redundant systems. raid 5, with a replcation server. at least one trunking company, a good switch with QoS, and a good router (sonicwall pros are my fav)....

let me know if that helps

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
omarmenichetti