Suggestion for future releases

Discussion in 'General' started by jedaustin, May 1, 2009.

1. jedaustin

I've been using elastix for awhile now and at some point on every installation I need to upgrade freepbx. Sometimes the elastix interface keeps working fine, and in other cases it completely breaks.
    The problem is that it is very easy to accidently use the Elastix interface instead of the unembedded one. I've had it wipe out extensions and settings in the past and sometimes I just get a screen full of errors when I click on extensions/etc.

What I recommend is that Elastix eventually moves away from the embedded interface for the PBX tab and instead makes modules/etc for freepbx instead.

2. rafael

Hi jedaustin,

In fact that point is being discuss in the developers mailing list related to the feature requests for Elastix 2.0. We would see, how we manage this in future releases.

Thanks,

Rafael

3. edzofcit

We've been using sergio'shttp://sip.fontventa.com/ app_rtsp and it works fine on asterisk with regards to streaming videos from rtsp feed(Dialing a specific extension to view your Security IP CAM). Will it be possible to include this as default on the future release? Same as what you did with OpenR2.

4. rafael

edzofcit,

The best way to do that would be to register in the developers mailing list explain how you make it work and why it is important to included in elastix. At the moment there is no to much traffic on the developer mailing list and your idea sound interest.

You may want to register to the beta testers list too,

Regards,

Rafael