start writing dialplan

Discussion in 'General' started by bono056, Jan 27, 2010.

1. bono056

i start to write my dialplans & i'm going to test my dialplan in a server that already setuped (by elastix).
    where should i put my dial plan? i put them in in extensions_override_freepbx.conf, but it didnt work out.

2. jgutierrez

I will recommend you to write down your contexts, under the extensions_custom.conf file. Either by addignt your context's line under the from-internal-custom context or by creating new contexts, and including them into the context that your extensions uses.

Don't forget to execute from the shell:
    asterisk -rx "module reload"

3. bono056

hi
    i did insert my context in extensions_additional.conf, extensions_custom.conf and extensions_override_freepbx.conf & then run amportal restart. i expect to see my context name in elastix combos (set destination:Custom Contexts). but it doesn't appear.

4. jgutierrez

Oh ok, you didn´t told that on the previous post... In that case, you need to create the "custom context on freepbx", juste create it (mycontext) and dont customize anything about it.

Now go into extensions_custom.conf, and create the context mycontext-custom and now you will be able to get on the list: mycontext

The trick is by creating the customized version, since freepbx will include the mycontext-custom into your mycontext empty context.