Stable version of Elastix?

Discussion in 'General' started by matthewearl, Feb 21, 2011.

1. matthewearl

hello all. im not new to elastix, but i am to these forums and i say thank you for all of your past support to others. i need to roll out several elastix systems to some clients and am wondering some advice on the most stable version. i know there are some issues with some releases and i will tell you what i have bumped into. nvfax and 64 bit. working with 2.0 yet? if not then 32 bit will be my only option. also, doesnt 2.0.3 break on yum updates? i need to be able to install avant fax. will be using mostly yealink phones. i also will be implementing my own security such as fail2ban. also 3rd part lcd control software.

any advice would be grateful. i noticed 64 bit in general seems to be troublesome.

thanks

matthewearl

2. matthewearl

i know i'm a new poster but i am slightly disappointed that no one could give me the answer on such a fundamental question. there is seriously no effort on making lts/stable release versions? if 2.0.3 is considered stable is there a way to patch it with current stable fixes? hmm.. maybe i can do some of this on my own.

thanks anyways for the help.

3. fmvillares

Re: Re:Stable version of Elastix?

With all due respect you need to figure it out with a test lab.
    If you dont know which version is stable or not you cant configure or sell any system to any client.
    You need to deploy some systems in te4st environments and learn for example how to tune up a system to your own standard.
    For example my own standard is 2.04 64 bit asterisk 1.8.2.4 and freepbx 2.8.1 and testing right now 2.9, using centos .32.1 latest kernel and dahdi drivers

4. matthewearl

that is exactly what i am doing now. im using 2.0.4 64-bit. all that you are mentioning is bleeding edge and even after years of testing with all the different factors you have involved would not be considered stable enough for my taste. 2.0.2 is what i have rolled out to the clients because it has been around a bit and has feedback from SEVERAL people. i cannot do rigorous testing on my own, but i really do appreciate your input and it is something that i do plan to do with a dedicated team that i will pay. i may even fork with a very tight security distro with LTS.

thanks you all so much. your product is wonderful.

matthewearl

5. fmvillares

thanks but its not my product is palosanto´s jeje im no taking credit for others work...
    remember...you made the stability of your own systems...my own testing bed as of today with 1.6.2.1.6.2 asterisk and 1.8.2.4 works perfect in production environments but remember im a natural born tuner...so you need to test all at your hand and then decide whats best...