SSD / CF Installation

dmanghani

Has anybody installed a system on CF what sort of problems are faced on the installation ?

conduitguy

I see that this post is old, but I thought I would pontificate a bit. Maybe someone else has a similar question.

The system I'm using is an OLD xorcom system with a sbc re-branded as xorcom and a xorcom usb channel bank. The whole thing was originally sold as a system. When I got it from a friend of mine, it had the original software on an internal cf. I swapped out the cf for a larger one and upgraded the RAM. I've had a LOT of trouble keeping this thing stable, so that's why I'm chiming in here.

Over my short, exasperating involvemnent with asterisk/elastix/freepbx I've had to start over quite a few times (mostly because of dahdi issues). With the cf especially, re-installing and reconfiguring can be a time consuming task (and not all that fun). In order to save myself a lot of time, I decided to start imaging the drive to have a fresh, quick-to-deploy backup. I've been creating image files on a large drive and then I can just load it back onto the working drive when things blow up.

Imaging the cf wasn't as easy as a regular hdd (making reloaded images bootable was complicated as I recall) so a while back I switched over to an external usb ssd drive. The difference is pretty remarkable in terms of how fast things load and reload, but I must say that the cf worked fine.

My system has an on-board cf slot and it sees the cf as just another drive. If you're using a usb connected flash drive adapter I'm sure you'ld be okay assuming your motherboard supports it.

Good Luck.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dineshr