Spanish translation (EVERYTHING)

Discussion in 'General' started by telecomtechnician, Mar 29, 2008.

1. telecomtechnician

Hi there, I want to translate ALL the web interface to spanish. I consider it important to my potential customers and for all the latinamerican community.

How can I start?

Waiting for your comments

David Medina

2. Usuarioforum

David:

Where are you from?

3. telecomtechnician

Hi, I am from Venezuela. I speak perfectly english and spanish. It would be great to have elastix TOTALLY in spanish. I bet, all latinamerican telecom administrators and users of this interface are expecting it. This could be my contribution the project.

David Medina

4. adonisfigueroa

Hello telecomtechnician:
    You can change de language in System-> Preferences-> Language then you can choose the language, you can see that the Spanish language is supported already.
    I can comment to you that the elastix is from Ecuador, by this reason the spanish is supported.

5. Usuarioforum

Hi David:

Was because I have a friend with your name here in Barcelona. :)

I want to traslate elastix to Catalan. Are the instructions in documentation right?

Cheers

6. telecomtechnician

There are still words an phrases in english

Hi there.

When I select the changes in preferences to the spanish language, most of the things changed but there are still some words and phrases in english. I consider it important that (EVERYTHING) should be in spanish.
    Specially in the PBX configuration (I do not use freepbx that has almost everything in spanish when you select the language).

I know it is a small issue but it is IMPORTANT for all the latinamerican community.

David Medina

7. adonisfigueroa

Re:There are still words an phrases in english

Hi Usuarioforum, if you want make a translation to another language you can use any file in the folder /var/www/html/lang, but generally the spanish and english languages are updated.

The file that you want use, copy it, and rename to acronyms of the new language for example to catalan the name of the file will be ca.lang
    Then if you open the file you can see the keys and the translations, you must tranlate the right words after of the signal => between "", for example the first phrase in the file:
    "System Resources"=>"System Resources",
    you can change for this:
    "System Resources" => "Your Translation",

Note: Don't forget the semi colon "," at end of each line, but if you copy another file only need change the translation :)<br><br>Post edited by: adonisfigueroa, at: 2008/04/02 00:35