SPA942 & SPA962 Going to Voice Mail Issues

Discussion in 'General' started by amartin, Sep 12, 2008.

1. amartin

I just installed Elastix 1.2-4 and I've got everything up and running including a connection to inPhonex. I have to say the packaging seems allot better then trixbox CE. Also, I have to say the phone detection and configuration is AWESOME!

Anyways, if I dial an extension from the outside in or phone to phone. It rings once and then goes directly to voice mail. I have the default time to voice mail set at 30seconds. It almost seems like the phones aren't telling Elastix they are still connected (registered). Any help would be appreciated, thanks in advance.

2. telecomtechnician

Hi there
    The sipura phones have a web interfase, check everything in the configuration, or put them to default configuration and start configuring from scratch. I have a sipura 942 and works great with no problems. These phones have a lot of functions and gizmos that can put you crazy, so be careful if you activate something by mistake.

Good luck

David Medina

3. amartin

I reset the phone to Factory Defaults and re provisioned them but still the same thing.
    I checked on the web interface and it should wait 20seconds before saying busy.

Update: I used a softphone "X-Lite" and it didn't go right to voice mail. It rang for the correct amount of time then went to VM.

I think I found the issue, the TFTP server isn't sending the time zone. So, the phones were about 3 hours off from the server time. So, now I need to find a way to get the configurations generated by elastix to include timezones.