SoundPoint 500 - Error, application is not present

Discussion in 'IP Phones' started by spedalit, Apr 9, 2010.

1. spedalit

I have entered my server IP Address and login information.. when the phone reboots.. i get the message: "Error, application is not present!"

Would someone be able to help me with this issue that i have.

Your help would be greatly apperciated!

Thanks!

2. dicko

If you are using TFTP to provision, all the Polycom applications must be available on your tftp server and any firewalls in between must allow tftp through both ways transparently (udp/69), If you don't have the apps you can get them from Polycom.

dicko

3. spedalit

Thanks for the quick reply dicko!

I have the port open in my router... i'm not sure i understand what you mean by all the polycom applications must be available.

Sorry.. i'm new to the IP Phone world..and Elastix!

Thanks in advance!

4. dicko

Polycoms are needy in having the right *sip.ld files in the tftpboot directory, if you are so provisioning them, this is possibly what you are missing, the easiest way to get them is to go to polycom and get their "latest and greatest" firmware etc. , dump the whole shebang in /tftpboot and it should work. if you aren't using tftp then they need to be in the right ftp or http(s) location. By default they will use https for provisioning and that probably needs changing to tftp in an Elasix environment, you can do that from the phone's built-in web server.

dicko

5. spedalit

Thanks Dicko.. got the phone to boot up!
    How would i get my Exlastix settings to the phone now?

6. dicko

A ) Read "Elastix Without Tears"

B ) use the "endpoint manager" you just read about :)

dicko

p.s.

The endpoint manager uses nmap to discover the devices, it will probably not work unless your phone is in the network you try and discover (by default the LAN) , but once the .cfg file is made you can take it outside again, you might need to edit the generated .cfg files to reflect your external IP address rather than your server's LAN IP