Somebody works with chan_ss7?

Discussion in 'General' started by garcia.ronald.d, Jan 13, 2009.

1. garcia.ronald.d

Hello,

I have compiled asterisk 1.6 in Elastix 1.3, wich have ss7 support but it bring to me a lot of trouble with the integration with freepbx and elastix. Then i would to know if Somebody works with chan_ss7? and if you can help me to compile?

Thanks

2. dicko

SS7 signalling is used between the "big Iron" switches. (Carrier Grade) I very much doubt if you need it. It is not supported by freepbx, unless you know you need it, I suggest you compile without it.

3. Redfone

We've installed libss7 on Elastix but it essentially is an asterisk install from scratch building everything from source. This includes libss7, libpri, zaptel and asterisk all built according to libss7 install instructions.

One thing you may need to do is change ownership of the files in /etc/asterisk back to asterisk after installing as I believe if you are building from source it will assign user root to the directory which is not accessible from FreePBX.

chown asterisk:asterisk /etc/asterisk/*

Good luck!

4. garcia.ronald.d

hello, thanks for the answer.

I've seem a lot of tutorial that explain how to install libss7, but all of this said that we have to compile asterisk (like you said:libpri, zaptel), then: how to compile the asterisk without change all of Elastix' Structure?

How do you compile this? with asterisk 1.4 from elastix sources?

Your Elastix-Free PBX works fine with libss7?

If you can send me a how to do this to my email

garcia.ronald.d@gmail.com

Thanks in advance

Great

5. garcia.ronald.d

Hello again, I've seem that you speak spanish, if you can send an answer in spanish please.

Thanks