[Solved] How to differentiate busy and no answer

Kriss

Hello,

I'm looking for a way to change the failover destination on an extension, with two differents routing : go to voicemail on "busy" / "unvailable", and play an announcement on "no answer".

I've tried a follow-me on the extension, but there is only a single failover that is used, whatever the exten is "busy" or "no-answer"...

Do you know a way to do it ? Some help would be greatly appreciated..

./Kriss

jgutierrez

Re: How to differentiate busy and no answer

You can take a look at the feature codes:
PBX -> PBX Configuration -> Feature Codes
Another option will be through the values of:
DIALSTATUS
after each call attemp
You can investigate about all of its values: CHANUNAVAIL, NOANSWER, BUSY, etc

Kriss

Re:How to differentiate busy and no answer

Thanks for your answer jgutierrez.

Actually a can't really use feature codes because I want the failover to be manage by the server, and not the user.

Regarding the state of DIALSTATUS, when, and where can I check thoses values ? I mean, I've got an idea on how to do that with a pure asterisk, but is there something particular in the alastix's UI ?

Regards,

./Kriss

Megabyte

Re: Re:How to differentiate busy and no answer

Hi, i think you need to modify the config files to do that, you cant archive this with the GUI, you will need to modify the freepbx files.

Be carefully about the modifications, go and find information about extensions_override_freepbx.conf and the way to do what you need.

jgutierrez

You will need to do the same, just set a failover destination per extension, and program it to go into your custom context.
If you want you may use a mix of contexts and AGIs, it will just depends on what you will need

Kriss

OK, so I will create a failover destination toward a custom context (via a "misc destination") that check the DIALSTATUS value, and then , forward the call to the right destination.

Many thanks for your answers !

./Kriss

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marouen