[SOLVED] Configuring a FXO ATA

Discussion in 'General' started by radp, Apr 7, 2009.

1. radp

Hi guys,

I have a D-Link DVG-6004S and I always used it with a pure asterisk installation, but now that I'm using elastix (1.5.2) I want to configure it using FreePBX.
    In my old way to configure, I used to create one extension to each FXO line and then make a context for dialing a number through that extension. But now, using FreePBX I don't know how I can do it. If I create it as extension or trunk and how to make inbound and outbound routes. Can anyone help me with this?

2. radp

Re:Configuring a FXO ATA [SOLVED]

I solved the problem. I still have the lines as extensions and I created a context from-pstn-custom for inbound calls from theses extensions/lines, then I set up the context of these extensions to this context.
    For outbound calls, I created custom trunks as SIP/XXX/$OUTNUM$ (where XXX is the number of lines extensions and then I just created outbound routes to these trunks.

Thank you all.

3. hscr70

Could you please provide more detailed information on how to set up the DVG-6004 with freepbx, I just got one and I don't have an idea of how to configure it. I usually install the Grandstream GXW 4104 and I thought this was similar but it is not.

At least I'like to know in which menus of the DVG you made changes because there are a lot, and probably most of them don't need to be modified.

Thank you.

4. cherianvthomas

Hi,

Could you please elaborate how you solved the issue?

I use DVG-6004 with elastix 2.0.0. I created the extension in FXO line. say 501. Now I want to use the IVR. For that I called the IVR menu under Inbound Calls. But its not working. The only thing working for me is by creating a hotline extension in DVG (502), I can forward all the calls to that extension. I want to use the IVR. Advice me how can I do it. Thanks in Advance.