SoftEcho and mISDN - How to setup?

Discussion in 'General' started by crucialx, Aug 10, 2009.

1. crucialx

I have licenses for SoftEcho that came with our OpenVox B200P card. I'd like to know how this can be configured with mISDN alongside Elastix. I found this article: http://www.beronet.com/download/SoftEcho/README

However I'm not sure if this will interfere with the existing installation and setup of mISDN.

Does anyone know how I could get this going with minimal impact on our Elastix installation?

If not with SoftEcho how about oslec?

2. ramoncio

Hi crucilx, wellcome to the Elastix community!
    Oslec is istalled by default, but I've never used it with mISDN, I'm not sure if you can.
    Maybe you hace to patch the source mISDN files for it to work. For softecho you'll need to patch mISDN source files and recompile.

On the other hand, I have a B200P card working with Elastix with softecho using Asterisk-es-rsp unstable. Alex, from Elastix developers, has included the needed patches for this card to work with dadhi in the latest elastix beta, but I can't get it working with my B200P at the moment, maybe you can try that first. And I'm not sure if he has included the softecho patches in this beta release.

The asterisk-es-rsp beta repository does include dahdi support for B200P (any HCF-S/4S/8S based card should work) and softecho patches, but you will have to compile and configure asterisk-* and dahdi-*.
    You can try with this script:

Code:
    cd /usr/src
    amportal stop
    /etc/init.d/dahdi stop
    mv /usr/lib/asterisk/modules /usr/lib/asterisk/modules-`date +%Y-%m-%d-%Hh%Mm`
    yum -y install subversion
    svn export http://asterisk-es-rsp.irontec.com/svn/team/Odicha/unstable/
    cd unstable/libpri-1.4.10.1/
    make clean&& make && make install
    cd ../dahdi-linux-2.2.0.2
    make clean && make && make install
    cd ../dahdi-tools-2.2.0
    ./configure
    #make menuselect
    #make config
    cd ../asterisk-1.4.26
    ./configure
    #make menuselect
    #make config
    cd ../../asterisk-addons-1.4.9
    ./configure
    #make menuselect
    make clean && make && make install && make samples
    dahdi_cfg -vvvvvvvvf
    /etc/init.d/dahdi start
    dahdi_genconf -v
    amportal start

I have it working with softecho for more than a week without problems.
    If you want to try the script, I think it's better if you run it line by line so you can debug it better.
    Watch out, as this damn fireboard splits some lines in two! :-/