Snom BLF for different multiple Exts + Elastix

Discussion in 'General' started by Chilling_Silence, Feb 10, 2010.

1. Chilling_Silence

I've got a customer who already has a few dozen Snom 300's, 320's and a 360 with the operator extension board. They want to be able to use the BLF function.

Right now on the phone I've gone and set it up in the phone so that the Ext's are apparently being "watched" (Phones are taking *so* long to reboot now so, counting down 20 provision request attempts, so I can't see exactly what I did), but basically I followed what was said here:
    http://wiki.snom.com/Features/Extension ... figuration

In this scenario, I'm testing with Ext 210 as the Snom, monitoring x200 & x215.

There was also suggestions that I add this to /etc/asterisk/extensions_custom.conf:
    [blf]
    exten => 210,hint,SIP/200
    exten => 210,hint,SIP/215

Then it suggested I add this to /etc/asterisk/sip_custom.conf:
    [general]
    allowsubscribe=yes
    subscribecontext=blf
    notifyringing=yes
    notifyhold=yes
    limitonpeers=yes
    call-limit=99

As of this moment, it doesn't seem to work though.
    Any ideas? I don't believe that they want to do Call Pickups, just *view* it.

Thanks

Chill.

2. mbit

Hi Chilling Silence

I dont think you need to do any of the changes you are making in the custom.conf files. All the hinting you need should already be done by FreePBX.

You need to login to the phone itself into its web interface and then go to the function keys. If you haev an expander board installed then it should show this. Then go through and setup the buttons.

3. Chilling_Silence

Seriously ? :(

I woke up this morning just before reading this, and saw the phone sitting there with "NR" on it. Unsure what was going on, as I left it and it was fine, I decided to restart the sucker. It's taking around 2 hours to boot at a guess? It sits there saying "Prov.request attempt 20" and then counts down (very slowly) from 20.

So basically that's all I need to do?

Looking here, it says that's all I need to do also:
    http://wiki.snom.com/Features/Extension ... ng/Ringing

Any ideas why it wouldn't be working then? Fresh install of Elastix and all ... :-/

4. Chilling_Silence

No idea why but after that reboot, it's all working just as it should.

That was far easier than I anticipated! :D

Now to just fix the firmware so it doesn't take an hour to reboot :(

Thanks heaps! :)

Chill.