SMS Cellular & Pager Texting

Amphibian

Hey Team Members,

From research of the forums here (and some others) I am not seeing any "easy way" to set up SMS Texting from within the Elastix GUI.

I have need to send numerous emergency text messages to cell phones and pagers by clients on my system. Was wondering if anyone had similar setup they were using and would be willing to share the info with me and others. Also thinking of maybe offering a SMS service that would be available on a new website I'm building and would like this and other services from the web page to be available using current Elastix PBX.

My understanding is that SMS is not available using VoIP due to compression codec problems and that all/most SMS messages have to be sent via ZAP or maybe IAX, is this true?

Would like any info possible, and where one might find a way to due this with Elastix GUI and what experiences you have with doing this.

Thanks
Amphibian

dicko

And you probably won't find a gui way in FreePBX, there are I'm sure many out there though, some countries make it easier than others.

Either fight your way through chan_mobile (software and hardware) or more easily I suggest you use an sms service center and smsq, (although many of these service centers make it much easier as they will accept "network based" messages also, obviating the need for phonecalls)

ref:

http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/Asterisk+cmd+Sms

Amphibian

Thanks Dicko,

Will do.

Amphibian

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members