Small VOIP Business

Discussion in 'General' started by omarara, Oct 5, 2010.

1. omarara

Hi,
    First i am totally new to Asterisk and all based systems like Elastix.
    Let me First explain my needs :
    I have a digital Orion T1 GSM Gateway and a digital T1 Digium PCI Card and a powerful PC.
    I will be used as a terminator a Customer sends calls through his Trunk > then to the GSM
    I have too many questions.
    1)How can i control the incoming calls numbers all i saw is for outbound calls only ?
    And can i make multiple routes to the same Trunk because i need to separate Mobile operators for billing issues ?
    that's all for a start

2. fraggle4

Are you kidding?
    You want to set up a business using elastix to make money, but you can't be bothered learning it, so you expect a whole bunch of advice for free.
    I won't even tell you where to start, or where to go.

3. omarara

what are you talking about ?
    Well yes i will use it to make money is that a crime !
    I already started with Elastix Without Tears.
    Why you bothered reply if you don't want to help !
    anyway thanks for your HELP

4. Amphibian

omarara,

First, welcome to Elastix. IMHO I feel you selected the right software to do what you hope to succeed at, a business that will hopefully provide dinner on the table for you and maybe some money for the Elastix Team, after all, they survive on donations to keep this going.

Please disregard the remarks of the previous pompous donkey's post as I'm sure he allowed his tweetybird ass to overload his alligator mouth before responding. Most of us on here (with the exception of a minute few) started the same way you are presently.

Although I can't help you with the current problem you have, at least you started with reading EWT, more than most do before asking questions.

1, Search the forum extensively for your question first before posting it here as some responders can get a little irate answering the same questions multiple times,

2, Remember this is an all volunteer site, it may require a little waiting before you get a response,

3, be sure to increase a person's Karma when someone provides you with help that gets your problem fixed,

4, don't forget to come back after you get some learning under your belt and help future "newbees" as you hopefully will be helped,

5, and, maybe send some money in the form of donations to the team.

For those questions you may have that require assistance above and beyond the assistance available here be sure to request to offer to pay for technical help if need be. Several users on here do like to make money for their services and maybe someday down the road you will to.

Once again, welcome to the site, wish you well in your endeavors and hope you succeed at your goals.

May you some day in the future take our place in helping others when we are too old to fart.

Amphibian

5. dicko

Amphibian:

As ever I appreciate your humor ( ++ 1), please be aware that your "pompous donkey" is just learning to extricate himself after being sucked into getting involved in another lame newbies problems (who obviously hasn't read EWT or at least absorbed it, nor any of the posts replied to him), he has wasted a couple of his days helping said lamo to no avail, you can lead a horse . . . . , and will spend at least three more, as he hammers it in to said lamo's head, maybe cut "pd" some slack ?

Otherwise your post is spot on, thanks.

dicko (some believe I'm a pd also, certainly said lamo does :) )

6. fraggle4

My point is that anybody setting out to sell elastix solutions should know the system pretty well first, which omarara obviously does not. A system with a gsm gateway and advanced billing put together on the basis of a skim through EWT can not be good for anyone.
    Subsequent attempts to get said system going will cause a flood of lamo -nice phrase- questions to this forum of the type that dicko loves.
    But I really should have followed the old proverb that states if you have nothing good to say, don't say anything....and I will in future.

7. omarara

Thank you Amphibian for your Words , these cleared somethings for me.
    Well replying the first poster on me , i didn't say i don't want to learn
    second i didn't know that i could get a paid support which if i knew i would do that.
    Third which is the most how would i know the system well without dealing with it !!!!
    i just wake up one day and find myself i know the system well ! i needed help to start which is how everyone should start next if i have a problem i will search for a solution .

8. trymes

Omarara,

I think what fraggle4 attempted to say but didn't quite get across is that you need to get a lot more experience under your belt before you just plug in the gateway and watch the money roll in. What you are describing is a complicated system and you will need to be able to jump in and fix it when it breaks, or your clients will be unhappy.

Having said that, I would suggest that your route forward would be to get the system set up as you intend to have it work, but in stages. Don't proceed to the next stage until you have the previous one up and running rock-solid.

1.) Get the incoming calls via T1/E1 working.
    2.) Get the outgoing calls via GSM working.
    3.) Get incoming calls bridged to GSM working.
    4.) Get the billing system up and working.

To answer your specific question in your first post, i think you are looking for inbound routes, which will allow you to match conditions of an incoming call and direct it to a location of your choosing.

Good luck!

Tom

9. omarara

Thanks i will keep this in my mind