Skype for Asterisk

Discussion in 'General' started by areid, Sep 13, 2010.

1. areid

Apr 11, 2008
    I am looking at somehow connect our elastix 1.6.x to skype services. I see there is a licence you can buy ... terisk.php.

Has anyone tried it on their elastix system? Does it keep you online all the time and just goes through your elastix just like a regular phone number? I can see voice and video but what about text chat? Can you connect to one skype account with two systems - elastix and your IM software?
  2. fraggle4

Apr 22, 2009
    There is a good writeup on this by Bob at ... -asterisk/

You need to use it with a Skype Business Account, preexisting personal accounts don't work in SFA. However, setting up a business account, and using it for Skype to Skype is free.

Skype Manager is here: ... n_required

I have just installed it and it works fine, except that you will have to get the g.729 codec if you don't have already, a single channel g729 licence is built into the SFA package.

Still have to work out how to set up Skype Out as a trunk though, but eveyrthing else mentioned in the article above works.
  3. YoSoy

Sep 14, 2010

Hi... sorry for my bad english.

Skype for Asterisk works fine.

The process described in the documentation of skype installation will lead you to create a trunk.
    This trunk will behave just like any other trunk, wich means that You will send incomming calls from this trunk to any destination.
    This will be done by using DID of your skype trunk, DID of your trunk will be your Skype bussiness account.

For income traffic from skype any skype user from the world can reach you by calling to your skype for busienss account.
    For outbound traffic you have to create Custom Extensions , this custom extension will relate an internal extension number, for instance 1120, with some skype account, eg. skype/echo123. Then when some gay in your office want to call to skype account echo123, he just have to dial 1120 and elastix will route the call to skype.