Skype Connect, finally via SIP

Discussion in 'General' started by JElzinga, Sep 3, 2010.

1. JElzinga

Check Skype Connect out.

http://www.skype.com/intl/en/business/sip/get-it-now

Decent tech-sheets which explain everything you need to know if you want to implement this on your Asterisk-PBX. Most def. an enhancement to every business serious about Skype-connectivity and having it available as a SIP-trunk will remove a lot of the old problems with Skype.

what you think ?

2. NickViz

Hello,

can anybody share his configuration experience with the Skype Connect?

I'm a bit confused. What I did:
    1. Created SIP Account on our business account, allocated some funds, got SIP credentials.
    2. Created SIP trunk in Asterisk. This the thing I'm not sure: do I need to create SIP trunk or just SIP extension? In PEER Details and USER Context I entered SIP cred.above.
    3. Here I completely got stuck - how can I bind an internal number (or ringing group) to a Skype name? For instance I want to call my skype name (nickviz obviously) if I dial 800 number.

I understand how things work in case of extensions and trunks (thanks to EwT manual), but with SIP/Skype I'm lost.

Can anybody who successfully did it drop me a short list what to do? Like: make sip trunk, make outbound route, make (SIP) extension 800, etc.??

Thanks in advance,
    Nikolai.

P.S. Will read EwT once more.
    P.P.S. If I don't need incoming Skype calls - do I still need to open ports on firewall to Elastix?

3. adamsaad

4. NickViz

Hi adamsaad,

thanks for the info. I already realized that Skype Connect is practically unusable for us.

5. fulfillmentguy

Hey I was actually about to implement the SKype Connect sip for my elastix 1 -2 line system, what what was the problem how come it won't work for you? Any help appreciated.

Thanks

6. fulfillmentguy

Hey I was actually about to implement the SKype Connect sip for my elastix 1 -2 line system, what what was the problem how come it won't work for you? Any help appreciated.

Thanks

7. adamsaad

Please send me your details and I will try to solve your issue