Sipgate.com & CID / sipgate.co.uk trunk settings

Discussion in 'General' started by vbhoj74, Jan 8, 2010.

1. vbhoj74

Hi,

I've a working sipgate.com installation, but all the calls I receive are marked anonymous, i'm sure sipgate provide CID information, what am I missing ?

On the second issue, I went through so many trunk setups for sipgate.co.uk, but none worked for me, can anyone share a present working config ?

thanks.

2. Patrick_elx

did you checked in the log to see if a caller id was presented?
    If not, did you try to do a sip debug to see if they are sending the cid in at the wrong place (then you can create your own context to pick up the cid).

3. vbhoj74

thanks for the direction Patrick, I have this sipgate.com DID working with nerd vittles GV scrips. Just to debug I forwarded the DID onto one of my extensions and used sip debug, sipgate indeed is sending me CID info. I guess I need to relook/revisit the GV scrips over the coming week.

meanwhile, can you point me to any writeup on creating context for picking up CID info ? Asterisk somehow does not get CID on my Zap trunks (India) with TDM410P, dont know if your idea could make my day with the issue otherwise I've really given up on it thinking it to be a bug yet to be resolved.

4. Patrick_elx

a zap trunk is a completely different animal.

You need to check in your card config file (/etc/asterisk/chan_dahdi.conf) that you put the correct caller id detection scheme for your country.

Each country has its own variation of caller id on PSTN and you need to know the proper settings.
    Do a search on this forum you will find plenty of good tips.

Open a new thread for this question if you are looking for more answers.

5. vbhoj74