SIP:xxxx@IP shows instead of Name and extension

MST

When I call another extension I see SIP:xxxx@IP instead of First Name Last Name and extensoin. I use POlycom 501.
IS there a place that I can change that in order to see only From: FIRST LAST and extension.

Thank You,

tjthorson

I had this problem a long time ago. You can fix it two ways. To change it globally, go into the sip.cfg file

look for this line:

<user_preferences up.headsetMode="0" up.useDirectoryNames="0" up.oneTouchVoiceMail="0" up.welcomeSoundEnabled="1" up.welcomeSoundOnWarmBootEnabled="0" up.localClockEnabled="1" up.backlight.onIntensity="" up.backlight.idleIntensity=""/>

change the useDirectoryNames to a "1"

or - if you only have a few phones - go into the web interface for each phone and there is a radio button for "use directory names" - its in different places depending on firmware. Polycoms default id and pass are:

ID - Polycom (capital P)
PW - 456

To get the IP off the phone, its menu - 2,2,1. Plug that into a web browser and away you go!

MST

Thank You So Much tjthorson !!!!!!!

This is what I love in Elastix STABLE PBX system with a lotsof features and forums.

Thank You again, I will try that later.

MST

rafael

MST said:
Thank You So Much tjthorson !!!!!!!

This is what I love in Elastix STABLE PBX system with a lotsof features and forums.

Thank You again, I will try that later.

MST
Thanks a lot for that comment :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marouen