Sip Voice Encryption

Discussion in 'General' started by Amphibian, Feb 5, 2011.

1. Amphibian

Hey Forum,

Looking for anyone that has some form of serious voice encryption install on their Elastix Server and wish a name or location to find such software. Like to know any good/bad experiences you have had trying to or setting it up to work.

Have need for security reasons for a potential client. Any suggestions/remarks (good or bad) would be acceptable.

Thanks

Amphibian

2. fmvillares

try to look my s i n o l o g i c paper deselastixando elastix with google translate...its in spanish
    i teach there how to remove elastix 2 asterisk 1.6 and replace with 1.8 with srtp encryption for phone lines...im using aes 128 bits standards and tls for signalling in all my active prod systems ...but you could do this only in 1.8 asterisk environments

3. Amphibian

Thank you Sir for your responce.

I am needed it strictly for VoIp only, no land line use.

Does Elastix come with ZRTP Enable?

Thanks

Amphibian

4. fmvillares

Re: Re:Sip Voice Encryption

land lines??? who are talking about land lines...
    elastix by design cant support any voip encryption because elastix is only a centos distro based on asterisk 1.6 and 1.6 elastix does not support any type of encryption in rtp streams in any protocols (iax2 is other stuff)
    asterisk by the other hand only supports srtp using 1.8 versions zrtp is not supported and is not in the roadmap up to today
    the only way you could use native encryption in elastix or any asterisk box in sip protocol is to migrate to 1.8 version and try srtp.

5. Amphibian

You wrote:"try to look my s i n o l o g i c paper deselastixando elastix with google translate...its in spanish
    i teach there how to remove elastix 2 asterisk 1.6 and replace with 1.8 with srtp encryption for phone lines...im using aes 128 bits standards and tls for signalling in all my active prod systems ...but you could do this only in 1.8 asterisk environments"

In that statement you mentioned phone lines, that's where I thought you were talking AIX and such.

Thank you for the info.

Amphibian

6. fmvillares

pots lines are one thing phone lines are all of them ...if a have an asterisk extension is a phone line to me!! its connected to a phone (yealink voip analog polycom whatever)

7. fmvillares

important item is that you need to have all your phone supporting srtp...most phones not suport zrtp

8. Amphibian

" pots lines are one thing phone lines are all of them ...if a have an asterisk extension is a phone line to me!! its connected to a phone (yealink voip analog polycom whatever) "

I understand you terminology now, I come from old school, we old school people don't speak the same language....

Once again, thanks for the help. I'm not going to worry about this, I will send client to FreeSwitch servers and Twinkle Softphones where he can get his zrpt security he's looking for.

Have a great day,

Amphibian