Sip trunk not passing outbound caller ID

Discussion in 'General' started by idem, Jul 1, 2010.

1. idem

Hi

I have an elastix 1.6.13 and it was working fine, but sudenlly it stoped sending de 8 digits outbound trunk number, and it sends the extension number.

since the 3 digit extension number is not a valid number for the voip provider, the does not complete. Incomming calls work fine, but outgoing dont.

i have placed the outbound caller id, and marked the option for not overriding the caller id, but still the same.

where should i look for? because the system is down now. is there a bug on the elastix or an option that might havve been disabled for some reason?

the trunk connection works fine, just that instead of sending the 8 digit number for theoutbound, it send the 3 digits of the extension. :S

2. dicko

In the absense of You changing anything, then maybe the Carrier did, if they have until now been sending your 3 digit extension number, maybe someone got pissed off with them, so anyway

. . . and marked the option for not overriding the caller id . . .

Is probably the wrong choice, no? and I'm not sure what where and how you did that. Perhaps you should be "Blocking foreign callerID's" in the trunk settings (with a valid CID setup) and make sure all extensions have a valid Outbound callerID set in concordance with your carrier's edicts.

dicko

3. jgutierrez

4. trymes

As Dicko pointed out, you ought to begin by changing the CID options in the SIP trunk setup. I would probably start with "Force Trunk CID" so that the CID configured on the Trunk is always used, which is likely what your carrier wants, as they are trying to keep you from setting your callerID to anything other than the number provided by your ITSP.

5. haramarcuse

Specify CID at route level. Add channels for your SIP so you can create outgoing group number for each channel.

6. jpmacjac

I had this same/similar problem and tried many different things to get the outbound CID to set on calls out the PRI (T1) interface ATT circuit.

mapping-table calling-pi to calling-pi CID
    map default to allowed

mapping-table calling-type-of-number to calling-type-of-number CID2
    map default to national

mapping-table calling-e164 to calling-e164 CID3

mapping-table calling-numbering-plan to calling-numbering-plan CID4
    map default to isdn-telephony
    map unknown to isdn-telephony

complex-function CIDALL
    execute 1 CID
    execute 2 CID2
    execute 3 CID3
    execute 4 CID4

The line that ultimately fixed and it seems so simple after was:
    map default to national.
    I would assume this varies from the various T1 providers but it's what worked on my AT&T PRI.

7. prwifi

Try the Route Position "FIRST BEFORE ..." This helped me. :)