sip registration time out

Discussion in 'General' started by torboy, Oct 5, 2009.

1. torboy

I have a Vbuzzer inbound number

trouble is not all my calls come to my asterisk server. I know this because I tried calling my number from out side and was checking my asterisk log via "asterisk -rvvv" nothing happens. This is only get 60% of calls.

when I contact the vbuzzer customer service I got this;

I am using dsl internet and dynamic IP. my asterisk server is behind router and all ports are forwarded to server

2. torboy

the solution was to add to PEER Detail the following info

qualify=yes
    nat=yes

3. cyberoam

hello every body
    i want to ask question

when i turn of soft phone , and any one call me after that he hear ring tone , some one say i must change the registration time on the SIP server , but i do not know how to do it

thanks and best regards

4. pmurphy

Hi,

When a softphone is not registered you should get VM or unavailable message from asterisk.

Be sure your softphone is not actually still active and only minimized as many of them do when you hit the close button.

Default settings should work fine for you, just setting things like password and such. You may want to open your open new post since this is unrelated to the original post.

If problem continues give as much detail in attachment. You can screen shot settings of extension and softphone (you can black out or edit things like passwords), zip up files and attach them. I think if you offer type of softphone and such someone with the exact setup will be happy to compare their setup and help you.