sip registration time out

torboy

I have a Vbuzzer inbound number

trouble is not all my calls come to my asterisk server. I know this because I tried calling my number from out side and was checking my asterisk log via "asterisk -rvvv" nothing happens. This is only get 60% of calls.

when I contact the vbuzzer customer service I got this;

Each registration, your asterisk will tell our server that what local port your asterisk uses. On our server, we see your local port changes each registration.

Another reason is that your asterisk does not register on time again before last register expire. Please set a shorter register expire like 1 minute or 60 seconds.
I am using dsl internet and dynamic IP. my asterisk server is behind router and all ports are forwarded to server

torboy

the solution was to add to PEER Detail the following info

qualify=yes
nat=yes

cyberoam

hello every body
i want to ask question

when i turn of soft phone , and any one call me after that he hear ring tone , some one say i must change the registration time on the SIP server , but i do not know how to do it

thanks and best regards

pmurphy

Hi,

When a softphone is not registered you should get VM or unavailable message from asterisk.

Be sure your softphone is not actually still active and only minimized as many of them do when you hit the close button.

Default settings should work fine for you, just setting things like password and such. You may want to open your open new post since this is unrelated to the original post.

If problem continues give as much detail in attachment. You can screen shot settings of extension and softphone (you can black out or edit things like passwords), zip up files and attach them. I think if you offer type of softphone and such someone with the exact setup will be happy to compare their setup and help you.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dineshr