SIP Images Needed Cisco 7960

Discussion in 'General' started by JordanRIP1, Feb 9, 2010.

1. JordanRIP1

Hello Friends!!

I've finally configured my Elastix box and am ready to toy with the 5 Cisco 7960's I have. I have had images on these phones before, but the restore of my box removed the needed files. I'm now looking for a good firmware version for the Cisco 7960. Does anyone have the 8.2 or higher firmware? Any help would be appreciated.

I'd be also interested in anyone that has been able to correctly configure all the bells and whistles. From I've read you can actually have a different phone logo displayed than Cisco. Regardless I'm excited to have this thing for my business. Now I just need a good VOIP provider on the outgoing. I'm looking for 2-4 channels unlimited.

Vitelity had a great deal for 2 incoming channels DID unlimited for 3.99 per month.

:blink:

2. Patrick_elx

by doing a search in this forum and in voip-info.org you will find an answer to both your questions ;-)

3. JordanRIP1

That's exactly what I did first time around. Thanks for your wisdom but
    both places you mentioned including this site have old posts with no working links

Nice dog in the profile pic.

Any help would be appreciated as I'm having trouble finding the firmware.

4. Chilling_Silence

Contact Cisco directly. I just did for the 7906 (not the 7960) and they emailed all the required firmwares to me, no questions asked, no need to subscribe or buy anything :)

5. danardf

6. Patrick_elx

by the way did anybody found a stand alone solution to encrypt the config files for the 7960 with sip firmware. I tried with openSSL but without success.

Anybody on the LAN can access the tftp folder and find all the secret of the extensions in clear there. It would be nice to be able to use the crypto key function of these phones.