Sip extensions to use specific trunks

wadetech

hi all, I was hoping someone could shine some light on this subject. I am trying to setup specific SIP extensions to use specific trunks to ensure the correct CLID is is used. For example 1 asterisk server running multiple businesses or departments, requiring each to have thier own CLID on outbound calls, or to use specific trunks for billing purposes.

I am aware that there are ways like prefixing with a 9 or an 8 when dialing to route manually to a specific trunk, I have also heard of people using the dialplan on the handset to prefix all numbers dialed with a 9 or 99 to allow a specific trunks to be used. they all seem to be problematic or have limitations or a certain amount of user intervention required.

this process needs to be automated, ie; a specific extension = a specific trunk.

for those who are familiar i need it to act like a line key on a standard digital / TDM phone system.

I am sure that asterisk is capable of this I obviously just need to know how.

thanks in advance,
Jason

Megabyte

Hi, you can use Custom-Context to do what you want. i did it in one of my clients.
You can download that module from Free-PBX website. Create as many context as you need and you can assign permissions for trunks to allow the extensions that you want.

Note : you need to use the unembedded freepbx to do that.

wadetech

thanks for that, got it up and running, all seems to be working well.

prajwal_88

i am suffering from same problem please guide me with exact process if you can !!!!!1

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
omarmenichetti