SIP Echo after upgrade to 1.5-2

Discussion in 'General' started by userfromca, Apr 15, 2009.

1. userfromca

I had almost perfect setup with 1.3-2 stable. Just upgraded to 1.5-2 to fix some DTMF issues (Newer asterisk supposedly fixes it). Now I am getting echo to caller and called person on SIP trunk. The call is made from Asterisk -> SIP -> PSTN. I tried two different providers and both got echo. No changes were made in hardware. I also do not get echo on incoming PSTN via X100P. Any clues?

2. Patrick_elx

the echo is supposed to be on the analog part of your system.

If you are using sip extension and a sip trunk, the echo should be coming from the other end on the pstn side.

Have you tried with a softphone directly connected to your provider with the same settings as your trunk and call the same number to check if it's having the same behavior?

3. userfromca

Yes I have tried a softphone directly connected to provider. (Without elastix in picture). I do not have echo.

I have also tried ATA-phone and just pure SIP hardware phone connected to Elastix. I see same problem. Interesting fact is that this happens with both SIP providers that I use and only started happening after I did yum update from 1.3-2 to 1.5-2. On PSTN side I have called two different numbers. One pure PSTN line, other mobile phone. I still get echo.