Simple OEM SIP phone or module?

Discussion in 'IP Phones' started by Patrick_elx, Mar 20, 2009.

1. Patrick_elx

Hi,

I'm looking for some simple ethernet modules that can interface a iPBX with different audio modules (like paging amplifier, interphone, radios, etc...)

It seems that the cheapest way is to use a SIP phone board that has an headset in/output and can do autoanswer.

Do you have any leads to some ready made OEM module or some cheap SIP phones that will have these functions that I can salvage?

2. dicko

There is a "contributed module" for FreePBX called extaudio that might well be the start of what you are looking for.

3. Patrick_elx

yes but this one is using the audio card output from the computer.
    I need to use a remote hardware that will be connected by ethernet with POE.

I was wondering if it's easy to hack a Linksys PAP2 to pick up the audio before the FXS transformer. But i don't have any schematic for it and I'm not sure that the PAP2 can handle the auto answer either.

The other option is the POE SIP phone board with headset output and auto answer.

4. dicko

5. Patrick_elx

Yes i've seen this one, but it seems that's a trick to have the interphone hanging up by switching the power off. I had no luck so far with the auto answer part. But i'll try again to make sure.

The hybrid solution is an option, but it's cheaper to use an analog phone board for that. You can find some Chinese made phone with a jack headset connector for $1.50 on ebay. That will made a cheaper hybrid than the $100 ones ;-)

6. dicko

Gotcha,

But I hear those chinese ebay phones are made of melamine, so don't eat them. :p

7. dicko

Patrick:

What a great idea, a SPA-921's pcb, POE 3.5mm stereo headset for PAs systems or even ipods, for MOH , on ebay for 30 bucks.
    Strip the plastic, display (after you got the sucker working of course), keypad, EVERYTHING, wrap in saran wrap and gaffer's tape and stuff it in the closet by the trash can where the PA system is. (better yet stuff it in pretty 10 dollar plastic box an sell it to the client for 200 bucks)

Thanks
    plus one for your karma!s

8. Patrick_elx

I've made some progress. After playing with different phones, I settled on a cheap grandstream BT-200.

The PCB inside is small and can be removed easily. You can configure it from the web including the auto answer feature(then no need for the display). It does have an external speaker and microphone you can use for paging (but of course you can also use the external headset jack or handset jack).

The only thing that I wish for these phone would be a POE, but for a couple of dollars, I don't mind putting a 5 volt power supply. I just need to add a small amplifier for a bigger speaker.

Also, if you use the bare PCB, you will have to keep the 'hook' switch closed (either mechanical or just short the connection on the pcb)

I've also tested some cheap Wifi sip phone on ebay (small size, no network wiring, external headset plug, low power supply) but the ones I've tested did not have any autoanswer setup and I did not achieve to make them answer via SIP info header. [​IMG]

9. MozOz