'Silly Rabbit' distribution: New endpoint manager

Discussion in 'General' started by wiseoldowl, Mar 12, 2009.

1. wiseoldowl

This post is only for those who like to live on the real bleeding edge and experiment with things you probably ought not be messing with - but that other distribution, the one that forked FreePBX, came out with a new endpoint manager today - I have no idea how it compares to the one we have in Elastix (I don't use the Elastix one since I have no supported devices) but I would suspect that some of you might want to know about it and maybe check it out, if only to see if maybe they lifted any ideas from the Elastix endpoint manager. Anyway, here is their post (note there is a download link in the third comment). I'm guessing this would show up in the unembedded FreePBX interface, probably under the tools menu, but that's strictly a guess (and it may not work with genuine FreePBX at all).

This is NOT a suggestion for the newbies and the inexperienced - in fact I wouldn't even mess with it until someone more daring than I confirms that it won't break FreePBX or Elastix, assuming I had some reason to experiment with it in the first place. But some guys like to tinker, and know how to fix what they break.