Silence if called party answers quickly

Fuxion Ltd

Hi all,

I hope someone can help me with this.

I am running Elastix (not sure which version but recent) and FreePBX 2.7.0.3 with LinkSys SPA941. I have a very basic out of the box configuration with a SIP trunk to SipGate in the UK. When I dial some numbers, generally 0844 and 0845) a connection is made as I see the outbound call on my SipGate account. However Elastix/Asterisk doesn't connect my SPA941 if that makes sense. I just get silence as if the number was never dialed. As an example, 0844 248 0844 is for DHL. I can't dial that using Elastix but it works fine with X-Lie on a laptop. The Elastix CDR report shows the call as having been answered.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Kevin

fmvillares

yeap as my great friend dicko says...RTMF...elastix without tears is a good start point.

Fuxion Ltd

I have that document and cannot find the relevant information..Perhaps you can assist me by pointing me to the right section?

Thanks

Kevin

fmvillares

Re: Re:Silence if called party answers quickly

look into chapters 6 7 8 and 9...all is in there

Fuxion Ltd

Hi,

I have read those chapters and they don't help me.

Perhaps I didn't explain my problem clearly enough. Generally my system is configured and working perfectly. All trunks and extensions are configured and I can make receive calls.

However, there are just some numbers, like the example I gave above, which I cannot get a connection to on my Elastix system.

My best guess for this is because the number in question answers the call very quickly which confuses Asterisk. This is only a guess on my part as there are other numbers this happens on too and the timing it is the only thing I have noticed that they have in common.

Any other thoughts or ideas would be appreciated.

Kevin

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
giornaso