Significant improvements of Windows client?

Thelev

Hi!

I hope this topic will draw additional attention here. It seems that other users on main forum think that Welcome mail method is not best one?:confused:
Lewis said:
The Windows Softphone is the one element of 3CX which is questioning whether I adopt the system. It's otherwise excellent but the soft phone has some major issues like this. Such a shame!

AJP

Staff member
Hi!

I hope this topic will draw additional attention here. It seems that other users on main forum think that Welcome mail method is not best one?:confused:
Hi,

Using the welcome e-mail is the easiest and fastest way to deploy and administer the 3CX client.

The 3CXPhone client will automatically configure itself and connect to 3CX Phone System.

So, why would the user need to get complicated with this? just receive the e-mail, open the config file and voilà!

Thelev

Thank you for reply. You can see that some users will even resort to database access which is certainly not desirable.
Lewis Burgess said:
I am creating a Powershell script which provisions the user in 3CX via the API and then put their extension number in to the Active Directory. By having their extension in AD, comparing that with the dnprop database to grab the right provisioning file for them, download it and then use something very much like the above to push them out to users.
But never mind that. There are other questionable areas.
This great idea got even 2 votes. Who can vote on this without proper tech. background?
it3tek said:
We have a customer who is frustrated because they purchased many headsets and desktop microphones, while under the impression that they could easily toggle between headset and speakers with the 3CX softphone app on Windows.
Is this user manual still from XP era?
Audio Devices are set by default to “Primary Sound Driver.”
User would need to set 2 different set of devices to toggle between speakerphone and headset mode during call? Additionally, softphone will need to find same device by name instead GUID when roaming on other computers from domain?

To integrate communication capabilities into your applications, you can use:
MMDevice API—to get a reference to the endpoint of the communication device.
WASAPI—to render and capture audio streams through the communication device.
The operating system considers the stream opened on a communication device to be a communication stream.

In this release a new device type has been added to the Sounds control panel: Communications device. This device is used primarily for communications, that is, to place or receive phone calls on the computer.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janko67