Shared Extension

Tackfire

I've been reading on SLA and Im still confused on what im supposed to setup first between the zapata.conf/sip.conf/sla.conf. Does anyone have a step by step, how to setup a secretary- boss type of setup...

PS... I just picked this up so im pretty lost

Bob

First of all forget about SLA for the time being.

Most IP PBX systems do not support keyed systems (e.g. physical line to LED/Button). This model is out of date, not very scalable, and prone to people picking up the wrong line as well as other technical reasons (VoIP trunks etc)

Having said that, it is possible to do SLA, but it is painful, unreliable from one version to the next (or was). You may find someone can help, but be aware that most of the info is out of date on the web (e.g. Zaptel is now replaced by Dahdi - so that document that you may have found is not very useful)

You are better served by a followme type arrangement on the bosses extension (so when his phone rings, the secretary's phone rings as well). You can also add a CID prefix when the call is meant for the bosses phone, it shows up on the Secretary's phone that the call is one on the Bosses direct extension.

Then as an added feature, you could setup the Secretary's phone and the bosses phone with BLF lights, so that they can immediately see that each other is on the phone. BLF's are relatively easy, but vary from Phone to phone, so a quick guide is not easy to throw out...

Regards
bob

dicko

There is also the addon FreepBX module

http://www.freepbx.org/support/document ... -secretary

which largely will answer your problem.

It is for mainstream FreePBX, unimpeded , unfortunately Elastix has cared to "fork" FreePBX regressively, in other words you will have to rely on PalaoSanto (Elastix) to keep up with the motherlode, some suggest they have as yet done so inadequately, YMMV but many find this "add-on" effective :)

Tackfire

Cool. Thank you guys for the help! I will search the forums/ google to see how to setup Busy Lamp Field with my Polycom IP 321/331 phones.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dineshr