Setup of Sangoma A101

Discussion in 'General' started by arrow1, Dec 23, 2010.

1. arrow1

-----------------------------------------
    | Wanpipe Hardware Probe Info (verbose) |
    -----------------------------------------
    1 . AFT-A101u : SLOT=1 : BUS=5 : IRQ=169 : CPU=A : PORT=PRI : V=24
    +01:pMC4351: PCI: NONE

Card Cnt: A101-2=1

I thought I could do

asterisk stop
    /usr/sbin/wancfg_dahdi

just setup as it was in Trixbox 2.2 (old but stable and working) and would work.

Something is wrong because it does not work. After reboot no 23 channels is showing up.

I have noticed a long time ago that Sangoma Engineer did remotely in Elastix 1.6 downloaded dahdi-linux 2.2.0.2 and wanpipe3.5.11 He was complaining at that time for REPO problem. I see that problem was no resolved with 2.0.3 version.
    I have also tried hard to search any setup guide in this forum with no luck (maybe I am blind....) I wish only the one was here like Trixbox has. I swear after I finish installing that I will post step by step. So far I can only see a bunch of people started that process with no conclusion.

This is what I found on Sangoma Wiki for Asterisk. By the way they have some "guide" for Elastix 1.1 .... :) funny

1.For Wanpipe/Dahdi/Asterisk Run:
    /usr/sbin/wancfg_dahdi

Based on your selections wancfg_dahdi configurator will create:
    1. /etc/wanpipe/ config files
    2. /etc/dahdi/system.conf files
    3. Optionally /etc/asterisk/chan_dahdi.conf files.
    ----
    2.For Wanpipe/Zaptel/Asterisk Run:
    /usr/sbin/wancfg_zaptel

Based on your selections wancfg_zaptel configurator will create:
    1. /etc/wanpipe/ config files
    2. /etc/zapte.conf files
    3. Optionally /etc/asterisk/zapata.conf files.
    ---
    3.Once wancfg_zaptel/wancfg_dadhi is finished your environment will be fully configured and setup to work with asterisk.
    --
    4.Proceed to write your dial plan based on
    /etc/dadhi/system.conf and /etc/asterisk/chan_dahdi.conf (For DAHDI)
    or
    /etc/zaptel.conf & /etc/asterisk/zapata.conf (For Zaptel)

--
    5.End of Wanpipe/Zaptel/Dahdi configuration
    --
    6.To start wanpipe & asterisk run:

a.wanrouter start #starts all configured wanpipe ports
    b.ztcfg or dahdi_cfg #configures zaptel/dahdi (usually done by above wanrouter start)
    c.safe_asterisk #starts asterisk

Still using this pattern with no luck installation and setup of Sangoma A101.

Elastix gurus please help so we can place finally some guide for Elastix WIKI regarding A101

2. arrow1

why they place HARDWARE DETECTION

ADVANCED

Detect Sangoma hardware in GUI if that does not work ......

3. dicko

I think you need to post a bug in the bug-tracker link below, Elastix re-packages tightly the dahdi drivers, Sangoma are part of the real world dahdi, and normally install flawlessly.

Only PaloSanto (Elastix) can tell you what needs to be done to make this work with their current dahdi rpm, they add a lot of non-functional BS drivers for clone crap, yet neglect the legitimate stuff, "go figure"

4. arrow1

Thank you for reply.

I have even tried setup-sangoma - and that even not detected any SAngoma .....

I think wancfg_dahdi is the propper one to use

5. dicko

As I said already, post a bug, Elastix are responsible for both repackaging dahdi and thusly making it work in their distro, Don't you agree?

If you can make it work in Elastix 2.0, then I believe many in this community and the Elastix developers would probably be very thankful to you, if so add that to your bug report.

dicko

6. arrow1

Yes I agree .... I will post the bug

but I am not going to give up .... I will try CLI and will try what Sangoma tech did to 1.6 Elastix

I am not loosing anything .....

7. dicko

I agree, you aren't losing anything, but your own time, it is those at PaloSanto that are losing their direction . . . ;)

anyway ++karma to you.

dicko

for reference, from /etc/dahdi/modules
    # The following modules are added by patches in the Elastix
    # RPM for dahdi:
    opvxa1200
    ystdm8xx
    ystdm16xx
    ap400
    dahdi_dynamic_eth
    dahdi_dynamic_ethmf
    ax1600p
    zaphfc
    wcopenpci

I disagree about the dahdi_dynamic stuff, as it's there originally and largely for redfone hardware, they didn't patch it at all, however, they incompetently don't include the patch needed in /etc/init.d/dahdi to actuaslly make it work.

All the other stuff is to support clones that don't care to go the digium way, ( IMHO we will all be seriously screwed when that thinking takes precedence)

If they spend their time making cheap shit not work and ignore the mother-lode then what next, I suggest you go back to the more honest Elastix 1.6, at least Sangoma stuff worked there

8. arrow1

Dicko,

I have Sangoma Engineer helping me remotely and after manuall download of:

wanpipe 3.5.18 and dahdi 2.3.0.1

and manual compillation ALL is WELL....

the only one problem is I have to be carefull with yum updates because that can riun T1 card

Before that, after each shutdown or reboot command I had kernel panic EIP error becasue of OLD driver that is sticked to RPM ...... this is serius problem and should be fixed by Palosanto ASAP since a lot of businesses use T1 Voice instead of any SIP trunks......

I will let them know in bug ticket about that.

Thanks,

9. dicko

Indeed you will need to not update dahdi from Elastix anymore

add
    dahdi*

to the exclude lines in /etc/yum.repos.d/elastix

due to a bug in later versions of Elastix, also make sure there is ONLY one exclude line per section.

also don't try and add cheap crap from cloners, they won't work either :)

dicko

10. arrow1

Thank You Dicko,

You just read in my mind .... :)

But be clear what about kernel and wanpipe if I don't want them to be updated
    is there any prevention please to add them?

Dang it I have only:

/etc/yum/pluginconf.d folders ...... and file fastestmirror.comf

something is missing?

John

11. dicko

just add kernel* *wanpipe*

to the exclude line

12. arrow1

found it in /etc/yum.repos.d/elastix.repos

added to each

[elastix-base]
    [elastix-updates]
    [elastix-beta]
    [elastix-extras]

Thank You

13. arrow1

I don't know if I mentioned or not but oryginal drivers and dahdi that comes with 2.0.3
    coused kernel panic using two commands from cli:

shutdown
    reboot

Elastix just hugs up with BAD EIA VALUE --- kernel panic ..... the whole screen
    and Sangoma Tech said it was caused by old dahdi and wanpipe drivers

14. arrow1

Dicko

I have

Code:

Updating:
     apr-util                                                   i386                                             1.2.7-11.el5_5.2                                                updates                                                    80 k
     elastix                                                    noarch                                           2.0.0-58                                                        elastix-updates                                            14 M
     elastix-pbx                                                noarch                                           2.0.0-41                                                        elastix-updates                                           684 k
     freePBX                                                    noarch                                           2.7.0-10                                                        elastix-updates                                            26 M
     freetype                                                   i386                                             2.2.1-28.el5_5.1                                                updates                                                   312 k
     freetype-devel                                             i386                                             2.2.1-28.el5_5.1                                                updates                                                   148 k
     initscripts                                                i386                                             8.45.30-3.el5.centos                                            updates                                                   1.6 M
     krb5-devel                                                 i386                                             1.6.1-36.el5_5.6                                                updates                                                   1.8 M
     krb5-libs                                                  i386                                             1.6.1-36.el5_5.6                                                updates                                                   663 k
     krb5-workstation                                           i386                                             1.6.1-36.el5_5.6                                                updates                                                   883 k
     openldap                                                   i386                                             2.3.43-12.el5_5.3                                               updates                                                   295 k
     openssl                                                    i686                                             0.9.8e-12.el5_5.7                                               updates                                                   1.4 M
     openssl-devel                                              i386                                             0.9.8e-12.el5_5.7                                               updates                                                   1.9 M
     php                                                        i386                                             5.1.6-27.el5_5.3                                                updates                                                   2.3 M
     php-cli                                                    i386                                             5.1.6-27.el5_5.3                                                updates                                                   2.1 M
     php-common                                                 i386                                             5.1.6-27.el5_5.3                                                updates                                                   153 k
     php-devel                                                  i386                                             5.1.6-27.el5_5.3                                                updates                                                   503 k
     php-gd                                                     i386                                             5.1.6-27.el5_5.3                                                updates                                                   117 k
     php-imap                                                   i386                                             5.1.6-27.el5_5.3                                                updates                                                    54 k
     php-mbstring                                               i386                                             5.1.6-27.el5_5.3                                                updates                                                   995 k
     php-mysql                                                  i386                                             5.1.6-27.el5_5.3                                                updates                                                    86 k
     php-pdo                                                    i386                                             5.1.6-27.el5_5.3                                                updates                                                    65 k
     php-soap                                                   i386                                             5.1.6-27.el5_5.3                                                updates                                                   137 k
     php-xml                                                    i386                                             5.1.6-27.el5_5.3                                                updates                                                    97 k
     sox                                                        i386                                             12.18.1-1.el5_5.1                                               updates                                                   313 k

Transaction Summary

after placing exclusions in repos

Am I safe if I do these update list by YES and all of them will be applied?

please advice.

Thank You for your help