Setup always recording at extensions

Discussion in 'General' started by tonywang, May 20, 2009.

1. tonywang

Dear all, I had setup always recording at extension & queue. The call answer from queue can be recorded but the call from extension is not.
    I set PABX-general setting-extension recording override to "disabled", set extension-recording incoming & outgoing is "Always". Set Queue-queue options-call recording to "wav". The call pick up from queue are been recorded but the call from internal extension is not. What's point I missing? Thanks!

2. jgutierrez

3. tonywang

Million thanks for your prompt reply.
    But it looks like I did not have authority to open new case in Mantis. Can you help that?
    How can I resoved this issue tempory?
    I had checked the Asterisk console when I pick up call from Queue & see the MixMoniter function was called in dialplan. I am wondering if you can tell which .conf I should add MixMonitor fuction to slve the issue?

4. jgutierrez

That is odd, have you created an account ("Signup for a new account")??

Yes I have thoug right now of a work-around, this will work for Elastix 1.3-2:
    1. Edit /etc/asterisk/extensions.conf
    2. Find the section:
    Code:
    [macro-record-enable]
    exten => s,1,GotoIf($[${LEN(${BLINDTRANSFER})} > 0]?2:4)
    exten => s,2,ResetCDR(w)
    exten => s,3,StopMonitor()
    exten => s,4,AGI(recordingcheck,${STRFTIME(${EPOCH},,%Y%m%d-%H%M%S)},${UNIQUEID})
    exten => s,5,Noop(No recording needed)
    exten => s,999,MixMonitor(${CALLFILENAME}.wav)

and leave it like:

Code:
    [macro-record-enable]
    exten => s,2,ResetCDR(w)
    exten => s,4,AGI(recordingcheck,${STRFTIME(${EPOCH},,%Y%m%d-%H%M%S)},${UNIQUEID})
    exten => s,5,Noop(Recorded forced by Jorge...)
    exten => s,6,Set(CALLFILENAME=OUT-${CALLERID(number)}-${UNIQUEID})
    exten => s,7,Goto(999)

3. Execute from the shell:
    asterisk -rx "reload"

That context will force to record all outgoing calls, as I know, all incoming calls are recoded, but not outgoing calls between extensions...

5. tonywang

Thanks! I tried but it still not work. What I am wondering is I use internal extension A dial to another internal extension B & try to have recording for the conversion. Is it right? Or system only record the dialogue between external PSTN & internal extension?

6. tonywang

I had corrected this problem. Please some expert advise me if it is ok.
    1. I did not found [macro-record-enable]in "extensions.conf" but in "extension_additional.conf".
    2. I found bellow statements in the [macro-record-enable]contect of extensions_aditional.conf
    incoude => macro-record-enable-custom
    exten => s,1,MacroExit()
    3. I included the code which provided in the extensions_custom.conf. [macro-record-enable-custom] context
    4. Add #include extensions_custom in front of extensions_additional.conf. Build the include of extensions_additional.conf & extensions_custom.conf. Alloa [macro-record-enable] include macro-record-enable-custom
    5. marked exten => s,1,MacroExit()in the extensions_aditional.conf
    , [macro-record-enable]
    6. No matter the inbound / outbound call can be record.
    7. the code I add in extensions_custom.conf. [macro-record-enable-custom] context
    [macro-record-enable]
    exten => s,2,ResetCDR(w)
    exten => s,5,Noop(Recorded forced by Jorge...)
    exten => s,6,Set(CALLFILENAME=OUT-${CALLERID(number)}-${UNIQUEID})
    exten => s,7,Goto(999)

7. jgutierrez

tonywang,
    If you didn't found the macro on extension.conf, then you aren't using Elastix 1.3-2, you are using Elastix 1.5, and as you said, it is located on extensions_addiotional.conf, so you should follow another procedure....

I don't understand what you have done on extensions_additional and in extensions_custom, be more specific and provide an example, I would like to see if your solution won't be erased after any modification on the web interface, if it does, I can provide you a new procedure, after that confimr that calls are being recorded (the bug is between internal extensions, since calls to pstn are recorded without any trouble)

8. tonywang

Thanks! Please privide me your new procedure. I will test it on my lab system. I believe my way is tempory alternative but always erased by web GUI modification.

9. akola

i have same issue
    after you make a changes on web, in exstension_additional.conf file you allways get a

[macro-record-enable]c
    incoude => macro-record-enable-custom
    exten => s,1,MacroExit()

i don't know how but it allways overwrite the context you are writing :( if possible to find where to edit this it will be nice :)