Setting up the email server to talk to my ISP

Discussion in 'General' started by shanevanj, Jun 20, 2007.

1. shanevanj

Hi, I need to setup the serevr to talk to my ISP's smtp address. I cannot seem to find this in the memu system - can anyone help with some pointers of where to look?

Thanks Shane

2. eboza

Hi Shane,

What you need to do? If you configure a FQDN on your elastix server and send a message, it will be delivered to the right server.

- Edwin

3. shanevanj

I wanted the system to send to my smtp server will then distribute. In the previous trixbox build I used there was a "setup-mail" command that allowed me to set the FQDN and then I edited a sendmail file to set the detsination smtp server. I dont want the Elastix box to send directly to the net as I want to use for inbound fax and all faxes must go to my internal network ad not waste bandwidth send it out of my org and then back in :). Secondly even though I have set my fqdn I am not recieving faxes at the destination email that I setup in the virtual fax configuration.

4. eboza

Oh! That's a "little" bug. In a fresh install there is not "/etc/postfix/virtual.db" file, and e-mail messages are not delivered.

Please, in a shell console run the next commands:

cd /etc/postfix
    postmap virtual

And messages will be delivered.

I'll check how to send messages to another SMTP server.

Thanks

- Edwin Boza