setting up IVR, sort of

Discussion in 'General' started by byaru1, Jun 30, 2009.

1. byaru1

Folk,

I've just setup elastix 1.5.2 on an old box, with a digium tdm400p 2fxo/2fxs card, incoming and outgoing calls all working good. I'm however trying something that i'm not sure will work.

We have one incoming analog line from the PSTN PBX, which interfaces the PSTN with the elastix IP/SIP cloud. I have been asked to setup the elastix such that an incoming call to the PBX can enter the SIP extension of their choice (from their handset) after the elastix pbx answers the call, then forwards the caller to that extension.

Is this possible? Its kind of IVR, but I dont want the IVR menu, but to just dial an extension of my choice after the IVR picks up.

2. dicko

I believe you are looking for what is called DISA "Direct Inwards System Access" There is a page to set it up in unembedded FreePBX, Be aware of the risk of giving dialtone to possibly unknown callers though.

Or just an IVR with permitted extension dialing but only a timeout destination to "hangup" and just play dialtone as the initial recording (while the caller dials his extension)

3. byaru1

Thanks - i managed to hook up an extra "analog trunk" from the Nortel CICS to the FXS port of the elastix box - so elastix can provide a dial tone to the nortel pbx, and this sorted out my problem.

eb