setting up a fail over destination

keithspicer58

30 years installing pbx's, 2 years selling voip services. I counted on our voip programmer for everything technical, not working out so well. My question is where in elastix do I set up a failover number. In case the internet goes down or the server loses power I want the calls to go to another number. Is it under routes or destinations? Sorry for such a newbie question.

dicko

Think about it, no available server no service, no service , no way to control any forwarding/redirection, you will have to deploy an HA (High Availability) cluster (drbd/corosync perhaps) for a hardware failure, add BGP for a route failure, and use a VSP that offers such fail-over service when all the above fails. To be honest Elastix/Asterisk is really not that easily scaleable, look into a true SIP proxy, maybe Kamailio or FreeSwith both are open source both can be "clouded"

mmoritomo

--removed content--

witekprytek

dicko said:
Think about it, no available server no service, no service , no way to control any forwarding/redirection, you will have to deploy an HA (High Availability) cluster (drbd/corosync perhaps) for a hardware failure, add BGP for a route failure, and use a VSP that offers such fail-over service when all the above fails. To be honest Elastix/Asterisk is really not that easily scaleable, look into a true SIP proxy, maybe Kamailio or FreeSwith both are open source both can be "clouded"
I want to refresh this topic.
Is there really no way to route some calls using Asterisk?
We can use failover trunk and manipulate outbound routing to pass the call via other trunk (I have it configured for IAX2 trunk) -so why are we not able to forward call to some destination if all trunks fails instead of playing "all_busy_"

Maybe somebody could write some application using AGI to forward call to specific number if the destination is not available, or build custom context using for example "custom context" module from FreePBX

I will be grateful for any example or suggestions.

witekprytek

Hi;
Maybe solution described in this topic could help somebody with "failover destination" issue

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dineshr