Server stopped working Help Please

Discussion in 'General' started by jrecho, Apr 6, 2011.

1. jrecho

My server stopped working yesterday. I could not get asterisk to start when I looked at the errors I found that several files where missing data.

I found that a line was different in that told asterisk where to start from it was set to /var/run instead of /var/run/asterisk I fixed that
    Manager could not connect found that it was missing the entire admin section I added that and got asterisk to start again. Now I see that all my extensions are in the free PBX interface but yet none will register I am getting errors failed for ext XXX no matching peer found.

When I go to freePBX Asterisk info and click on the SIP Info its completely empty yet I have over 50 extension setup on this server. I am suspecting that the server got compromised. Any help would be appreciated. I also noticed that when I reboot the server and type history the list is cleared every time the machine is rebooted. How do I fix that. Thanks for the help.

2. mbit

I would recommend you contact an elastix professional so they can help you sort out the issues. It sounds like it will be quite complicated to fix.