server playing up

Discussion in 'General' started by plazma283, Nov 18, 2009.

1. plazma283

Hi there,

I have an odd problem on a small Atom 230 i've isntalled as a production box in a small office. Calls as of yesterday started to get cut off at random times or no audio was heard at all.

This box has been sitting nicely for a few months now with no reported issues but yesterday it just about feel over.

I've run a capture on the traffic going in and out and i can see full RTP in the capture from both sides, codecs are fine, i can see alaw and alaw on the call when running sip show channels. There are also no signalling errors, I changed out the router to a new one thinking maybe it was the router falling over but after that it was still the same.

Now yesterday was pretty hot here in Australia but the Atom boards have no support for lm_sensors so i'm not able to check the heat on the CPU/MB throughout the day. although the temp solution i installed today does have support for sensors and the CPU isnt even getting over 25c but yesterday the box had been sitting in a room for a while on load without the aircon turned on, i've sinced advised the office to turn on tne aircon and they have also pointed it directly at the elastix server so that might explain the low CPU temp today on my temp solution.

Everything else i've looked at seems fine, the CPU is sitting on around 1% usage and memory is on about 20% and this is while under load.

I did have the office turn off the pbx for a short time and turn it back on, once they turned it back on it was fine for a short time, then it went back to being cactus.

I'm pretty much at a loss here to whats going on, the CLI isnt spitting out any errors, signalling looks fine in a sip debug or capture, RTP seems fine, CPU and memory is fine.

I'm thinking maybe before they turned on the aircon it might have fried the CPU/RAM/MB.

Anyone got any suggestions for me to look at here, i'm all out of ideas.

Thanks in advance.

2. plazma283

Looks like this was an over heating issue, installed some extra fans in the case and it seems to be running fine, the case and HDD were getting super hot before i put some fans in.

3. Chilling_Silence

:)

Unfortunately lm_sensor support for the most common Atom motherboards (Intel D945GCLF etc) was added in the next kernel version after the one that Elastix is using :(

It's worth mentioning that the fans in the D945GCLF also fail semi-regularly, if that's the board you're using, so be prepared, or use the D945GCLF2 ;)