Sending DTMF over existing call

Hi there,

I need to send DTMF over an existing established call. Can anyone please let me know if which file this should happen. I have an established call and need to send DTMF for numbers on another PBX.

Please any help much appreciated.

Rgds

Leon

Can you please explain. You should be able to send touch tones to IVR systems to enter account numbers, options, and such. I know we have had to change the dtmfmode to inband sometimes based on the sip provider.

Hi

Is your outbound call going out from a zap trunk or sip trunk?
Believe it or not this is very important, based on your answers, we can go further

Waiting for your comments

David Medina

Hi there,

Thank yu for the reply. It is a sip connection.

1. The connection is established.
2. The call is made.
3. After the call has been established I need the following to happen without any user intervention.

3.1 Send 1 as DTMF over established call
3.2 Send 6 characters over established call followed by #

This is rather urgent if anyone can let me know if this is possible.

All help much appreciated.

Rgds

Leon

Hi there. Is the other side of the call (the person or IVR who answers) is a sip extension, pstn line or what?

I think with speed dial and a pause between certain digits, you can achieve this.

Waiting for your comments

David Medina

Call your sip provider and ask what the dtmfmode parameter should be. We had to change to inband on one of our providers for this to work.

Hi David,

It is conacting a IVR made through a SIP connection. I don't want the user to constantly have to go through the voice prompts. Whenever that number is called I want ASTERISK to send the values automatically. Is this possible at all?

L

hi there
It is possible, but you should test it first. The way I see it is that it has to be done through a speed dial. This number should have the following parts: the number to access the external IVR, 2 seconds of pause, the number to access a menu inside of the IVR, 2 seconds pause.

It is time for you to get your hands dirty or your feet wet. Read ben sharif´s book: Elastix Without Tears and learn more.

Waiting for you comments

David Medina

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Orbit114