send number dialed to another elastix during ivr

Discussion in 'General' started by hmn566, Aug 2, 2010.

1. hmn566

I have 2 elastix in 2 different places. one of them extension's are 1xx and second one are 2xx.
    when ivr is playing if dialer dial extension number which is in first elastix it dilaed and he/she talk to extension.
    when dialer wants to dial extension directly which is in second elastix it say number is wrong.
    the route is written in elatsix and extensions in first elastix dial any 2xx for example 230 it works fine and route is working perfect.
    what shall i do for ivr dialer that they can dial extensions in second elastix directly by for example dialing 230 or ....

2. hmn566

seems there is no way as nobody answered
    is it possible to do it in asterisk commands and files?

3. dicko

The far end "extensions" are not technically extensions to the near end box, just routes, use specific custom destinations instead

e.g.

IAX2/<intertrunk>/<farendext>

4. hmn566

Thanks for your reply
    Actually there is IAX trunk between two elastix and users can call each other directly.
    what i need is when dialer from outside is hearing IVR can dial extensions in other side.

5. dicko

I will re-iterate

The far end "extensions" are not technically extensions to the near end box, just routes, use specific custom destinations instead

e.g.

IAX2/<intertrunk>/<farendext>

which bit didn't you understand?

dicko

6. hmn566

how shall i route them? that when dialer is listening to ivr if he/she dial 2xx it route to second elastix.

7. dicko

As I said, if you want to do that you will have to build a "custom extension" for each far-end extension that you need access to, and that uses the

IAX2/<trunkname>/2XX

constuct, the IVR if you enable:-

Enable Direct Dial

(Let callers into the IVR dial an extension directly (from the hover over help) ) will only call extensions, routes are not such a beast

If you want to send to ring groups etc you will hve to use "Misc Destinations" similarly.

dicko

8. hmn566

you mean i make 95 custom destination which are include all extesntions in second Elastix?

9. dicko

Only if you want to call each one individually, you can save time by leaving out the Kitchen extension that nobody ever calls :) .

10. hmn566

ok... many thanks.

11. dicko

Investigate the FreePBX thirdparty "bulk-extensions" (and "Bulk-DIDs") addons, to save yourself time.

12. hmn566

it didnt work.
    i make misc destination 215 and also misc application 215 but again when you dial during IVR it says " sorry thats not a valid extension "

13. dicko

I give up, I suggested you make custom extensions for your particular need, you cared to make misc destinations, that is for within the IVR when you dial a single digit. Oh well . . . never mind, I'm sure you will figure it out eventually.

good luck.

14. hmn566

Sorry i take your time
    i made custom extension too but after that can not dial from internal elastix too and after dial it beeps loudly only.
    any way thanks for giving me your time. let me see what can i do for that.

15. hmn566

dear dicko, as you said finally i figured it out, i made custom extension and in dial box i put trunk followed by number and it worked, thanks again
    may i ask what is bulk extension add one and where can i find it

16. dicko